vinyl flooring planks

Who here has experience with said flooring? Looking on the net looks like it locks together like laminate wood flooring and looks the same. Looking for flooring options for my basement entrance/mudroom. The floor will get wet and most likely have firewood dropped on it. The firewood is why I'm straying from tile. Does the vinyl plank do well with moisture? Might do the bathroom in basement with the same flooring too.

Ever thought about spraying it with bed liner?

3. Banned
    You cannot get water under the waterproof planks because it will mildew. If you have a great dehumidifier down there then it might work. Also has to stay climatized and will scratch/dent. Not bulletproof, but it’s decent. That’s my opinion.

if it stays wet, then I don’t know what the solution is since we don’t have basements in Texas.

4. Member
    My parents got something similar (vinyl tiles) for their basement. They click together. If it gets wet they just have to pull them up, let it dry and snap them back in. They just have one small section that gets wet...

5. Member
    Been seeing these quite a bit lately...they look really good and hold up tons better than laminate wood...especially around water/mud.

6. Shore Whore Extraordinair hsb's Avatar
    We put some in both bathrooms of our old house, looked great, easy to put down. The product we used had came from Home Depot. Went down in very little time and seemed to hold up to water just fine.
    Kevin D
    Fort Mill, SC
    Boatless bank beater

7. Member
    I put them in my basement about 2 years ago. It looks great, and was easy to install, and has held up fine. I laid it directly on the slab.

I used a chop saw, and jig saw for cutting it. It will wear the blades out in a hurry, but the saws make it easy to get good clean edges.

It does come in different thicknesses. I used the thickest that Home Depot had, and I'll use it again if I finish the rest of the basement.

8. Member
    Just used stick on vinyl wood in our basement. Love it thinking of doing my boat garage floor
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

9. Member
    I have put down about 25 pallets of the vinyl plank flooring that Home Depot sells, (Allure I think it's was called). We installed it on the second floor of a building. 3 months later a tornado took part of the roof off and flooded the entire second floor. We removed the flooring just to remove the water and dry out the original flooring. The vinyl planks we installed was not hurt at all. It is very durable and has a pretty good warranty.
    Hi Mike.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    I have put down about 25 pallets of the vinyl plank flooring that Home Depot sells, (Allure I think it's was called). We installed it on the second floor of a building. 3 months later a tornado took part of the roof off and flooded the entire second floor. We removed the flooring just to remove the water and dry out the original flooring. The vinyl planks we installed was not hurt at all. It is very durable and has a pretty good warranty.
    Good to know.My son in Clinton,Ms. is getting ready to put the locking vinyl flooring in his bedroom and kitchen area. He was told by his realtor that it sells better than carpet in homes he sells. He also told him the great thing about it is it can be removed in case of a water leak,dried and will go back down pretty easy. If his looks good and holds up pretty good we are going to get rid of the carpet in our bedroom and put that back down. Sort of letting him be the Guinea Pig in this experiment!

11. Member
    LOL good idea. Also we didn't put any underlayment under the flooring we installed. Just put it directly on top of the old tile floors. After the tornado we removed the floor by cutting it in about 24 inch wide strips. We just set a Skilsaw to the thickness of the flooring and cut. The water had zero effect on the flooring.
    Hi Mike.

12. Member
    If you are referring to the planks they glue down and are used in hospitals and other commercial areas. They are about 4"x3' and just glued down, not interlocking. They do very well with moisture. IM around the installers quite often. If the concrete is not perfect you will have to apply a thin coat of thin set. It shows all imperfections if you don't do this. Very durable floor though, just time consuming to install. If you need some brand names let me know.