Xtreme Coat Liner ??

Anybody got a camo XP boat with the Xtreme Coat Liner and put carpet or any other type liner on top of it to keep boat rash to a minimum on your rod and reels? I have a XP180 and love it, very versatile for fishing or duck hunting. I mostly use it for bass and crappie fishing. I will often have 4-5 rods layed out on top of the rod box, but they get pretty scratched up from that rough liner. I still prefer the Xtreme coat over carpet, but thought about putting something down on the front deck and on top of the rod box. Any ideas?

2. Member
    Seadek is pretty expensive, but you could get it in camo. I spoke with the dealer where we got our X19 that came with the seadek and he said xpress still slays the xtreme coat on the entire inside of the boat and the seadek still sticks on top of it.

3. Member
    Some guys glue a mat down just large enough to protect their reels. I've seen some go the cheap route and just use outdoor grade carpet from Lowes in brown so it halfway matches the camo boat. For those that want it to look good, they use either HydroTurf or SeaDeck. Weldwood Rubber Contact Cement works really well at glueing foam mats down. My advice, after you have glued down the HydroTurf/SeaDeck, go around the outer edge and run a bead of black 3M 5200. That bead will help prevent the edge from lifting. Once water/dirt begins to get under that material, it is about impossible to make it stop lifting without re-glueing it down.

Good Luck.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    Some guys glue a mat down just large enough to protect their reels. I've seen some go the cheap route and just use outdoor grade carpet from Lowes in brown so it halfway matches the camo boat. For those that want it to look good, they use either HydroTurf or SeaDeck. Weldwood Rubber Contact Cement works really well at glueing foam mats down. My advice, after you have glued down the HydroTurf/SeaDeck, go around the outer edge and run a bead of black 3M 5200. That bead will help prevent the edge from lifting. Once water/dirt begins to get under that material, it is about impossible to make it stop lifting without re-glueing it down.

Good Luck.
    This is basically what I do on my aluminum boat. Just glue a square of cheap Home Depot carpet.