Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caracal and Pantera II storage lengths...

Starting to dream a bit about a boat upgrade and have been poring over specs. Just curious how the Caracal is 7" longer than the Pantera II but only 4" longer in storage length? What is this BCB voodoo?

Also, would the storage length on a Pantera IV be comprable to a Pantera II or closer to the Caracal?
    2019 Bass Cat Caracal, Mercury 225 Pro XS 4 stroke

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

We will double check though assume it's trailer tongue pivot location. Also engine to distance and location on rear sponsons is most likely different.

That's kind of what I figured, but wanted to double check as I'm dealing with a tight space where a few inches could make a big difference. Will keep an eye out for the clarification...many thanks!

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

The caracal sits up high on the trailer and the break away point on the trailer is about just under the nose of the boat. Im currently squeezing mine at an angle into a 20x20 garage that also houses a zero turn and atv. Fits with a fair amount of walk around room.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    The caracal sits up high on the trailer and the break away point on the trailer is about just under the nose of the boat. Im currently squeezing mine at an angle into a 20x20 garage that also houses a zero turn and atv. Fits with a fair amount of walk around room.

Cool. I've got 19' x 20'...but I could maybe add 24" to the front to fit it straight back...I could use a new garage door anyways

I've drawn it out to scale and on paper it works at an angle....but good to check real world info.

Your driveway and approach would be the only thing that would stop you from getting it in there. If you have room to get it to one side then crank the nose you can get a good diagonal pitch to the boat and it fits in there. Were talking 2-3" at the garage door when mine shuts but I marked the floor with tape and Ive got used to pushing it in the last 2' by hand once the angles correct. I put a thick carpet door mat on the wall where the engine cowl lightly touches. That way when you get in and out of the boat its not rubbing marks on anything.

7. Member
    I was hoping the PII 19' 1"was short but 21'7" at only a foot longer than the Sabre why is it so much longer on the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Your driveway and approach would be the only thing that would stop you from getting it in there. If you have room to get it to one side then crank the nose you can get a good diagonal pitch to the boat and it fits in there. Were talking 2-3" at the garage door when mine shuts but I marked the floor with tape and Ive got used to pushing it in the last 2' by hand once the angles correct. I put a thick carpet door mat on the wall where the engine cowl lightly touches. That way when you get in and out of the boat its not rubbing marks on anything.
    Great idea about the carpet...I have a tight fit with my Sabre FTD straight back, and have scuffed some decals, can't believe I didn't think of it!

Garage opening is perpendicular to my alley. I actually drop my Sabre FTD (single axle) in the alley and push it back by hand. If my upgrade has a dual axle...which it probably will...it'll have a Trailer Valet so I can still drop it in the alley. Eventually the hope is to have a new garage, 24' deep with an opening perpendicular to the alley. Because of an electric pole and neighbor's properties, I'll sadly never be able to back a boat in...

9. Member
    In general the caracal is a pretty massive package and length is not the only consideration as far as storage goes.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenMCC View Post
    I was hoping the PII 19' 1"was short but 21'7" at only a foot longer than the Sabre why is it so much longer on the trailer?
    Motor down and to the left, back of motor to front of foldaway tongue (folded) my sabre with a merc measures 20'6".
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    In general the caracal is a pretty massive package and length is not the only consideration as far as storage goes.

So I've drawn it up to scale; I grabbed an overhead shot of the boat, traced it in Illustrator, and set the size to 22' x 8' and on paper it looks like it would fit in my 19' x 20' garage on a diagonal...do you think it won't fit?

12. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somata View Post
    So I've drawn it up to scale; I grabbed an overhead shot of the boat, traced it in Illustrator, and set the size to 22' x 8' and on paper it looks like it would fit in my 19' x 20' garage on a diagonal...do you think it won't fit?
    Those measurements give you about 27 feet on the diagonal, but remember that is corner to corner on the diagonal. Of course your boat won't fit all the way to the corner. I honestly don't know if you can get it in the garage or not. I sure think I'd try it with a Caracal before I bought one.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

13. Member
    I cant tell you that my Ranger 188 DVX is 19' 10" long with the motor down and tongue folded... measured it many times... A caracal is exactly those same measurements.... I put my Ranger in one bay of my garage on an angle with maybe 2" to spare.... my garage is only 20' 8" deep. A bay in my 3 car garage is 11' wide. I could actually push the nose over even further but a longer would not clear the garage door opening so for me a 20' 11" boat is the very max I can squeeze in there. It used to fit easily until I added a 6" jackplate... My boat does not go over into the other bays at all.

I think the boat would fit in your garage easily but as others said... I would try it first.

Thanks again everyone! When we get some warmer weather I'll move my Sabre around at an angle and see what room is left over.

Can any of the Caracal owners chime in on how high off the ground the top cap is when the trailer is level? Top of 8' Power Poles?

15. Member
    My Caracal is in storage and can't measure but my blades clear a 8 foot garage door.

I also have the 8' power poles only one on the drivers corner and it just clears, the door. Things to be careful about are engine cowl can be close to same height and get near your garage door opener thats hanging center from your ceiling. Also gotta watch your bike seat, either lower it down take it down, it will just rub the garage door a hair if all the way up

I have to drop them to get in/out with my Sabre FTD and when stored they barely clear the header in my bump out that I had built for the motor. I'm guessing the Caracal sits a few inches higher on the trailer?

18. Member
    If any sabre guys here have 8' poles or talons id also be interested in knowing the overall height from the ground to top of them!
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught!

19. Member
    I want to say my garage is 28' deep and here's my p2.( its tight) Keep in mind you're gonna lose about 6" from the sweep of the garage door.
    Attached Images Attached Images

20. Member
    Shockwave can you double check that 28' ? I'm having a 28' deep built for my caracal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast