Reading the " rock" post below, I have a question.

How important do you think it is to have the Ss ducer100(+-)% level?
    im thinking it may be more important than I have believed. Thanks for your thoughts.
    BILLY. 1995 202DCX ELITE TEAM FATBOY
    & 2000 tracker PT185
    2015 Fish count
    Days on the Water =5.
    Big fish 1-5.5
    Big fish 2-5.00000
    Big fish 3-4.0
    Big fish 4-3.0smallmouth
    Big fish 5-@2.50

2. Member
    It is crucial.

3. Member
    X2...very important.

4. Member
    Would think since it is so crucial that the "top" of transducers be flat so could check with level whole lot easier. Talking about Totalscan, can't remember LSS2 SHAPE

5. Banned
    I dont put a lot in to getting it perfect, just close. The boat is always shifting around anyway.

I even got nice images from a canoe this past summer.

6. Member
    i have seen it make a difference on my boat as I thought it was level but when did true check by taking a level out in the boat with me to see the angle of the boat i found out i was wrong. Depending where you have it mounted how you have your motor can make a big difference. If I am doing a lot of side-imaging I will even fill the live well on the passenger side so the boat is level side to side. You can sometime get a good image by not worrying about any of this but if you are going a bunch of money on electronics to see what is down there I am going do everything else I can that is free to do.

Any opinions on the transducer shield and saver jackplate mounts as far as level goes? I'm running a totalscan on an atlas.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Any opinions on the transducer shield and saver jackplate mounts as far as level goes? I'm running a totalscan on an atlas.
    Was wondering this also as I have my transducer mounted on the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY View Post
    How important do you think it is to have the Ss ducer100(+-)% level?
    im thinking it may be more important than I have believed. Thanks for your thoughts.
    By level you mean parallel to the waters surface? I always set mine as close as possible.

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I just used the level and change to set up mine level and then did it with the boat out of the water and level on the boat again then once boat was the same as in the water , put level on the top of the LSS 2 and had to bring it up about a 1/4 inch but it made. Difference in my picture for sure.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

11. Member
    I guess I need to quit keeping fish. The fishbox if forward on the center line but when the slabs are biting the fore and aft level is changing. It is hard enough to get my fishing buddy to stand in the same place. I am going to go with close enough for government work.

Don