PSA about boat price threads

Al has one overarching rule for BBC: keep it positive. In that vein, it doesn’t seem appropriate for us to have entire threads on this forum that start with or evolve into a question of “Am I paying too much for this Ranger boat” or “Why are Rangers too expensive?” In the abstract, such discussions aren’t a big deal, other than being repetitive and not positive. But when supposedly private deals between dealers and individuals go online, that can put the dealer in a very tough place. Dealers who read or participate on this forum should be welcomed for the valuable insight they can provide. At least, that’s what I believe. And I would love it if we had Ranger reps checking in from time to time.

Thankfully, we have means of comparing Ranger prices other than open forum postings. From what I’ve seen, the eventual result of everyone knowing exactly what everyone else paid for their boat (or what they say they paid) is not that everyone is happy ever after. So please maintain a little privacy in the interest of public harmony here. If you want to price-shop online, using this forum, ask for private messages, texts, emails, calls, whatever. That way everyone gets a buffer, and we have less chance of alienating the fine folks who build and sell our favorite boats. Thanks. Putting away the soapbox now. — JC
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. Member
    Thanks John

3. Member
    I agree. I can understand someone wanting to get a "good deal" on a new boat, however......The boat prices for MAP are on the website. This will give you a true cost of what boat you want with options will cost.

Each dealer may give you additional "incentives", so it's hard to match dealer to dealer.

I personally feel you are better off dealing with a dealer close to your home which has a great service record. Once you find a great dealer like this, price won't matter much. Unless your a certified mechanic......... Just my 2 cents..

M

Well said John.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks for your input, gents. Have a good night and a better day tomorrow. If the water wasn’t quite so hard here.... Oh, well!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Agreed.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

7. Member
    Dilly Dilly!

I totally agree jc2bg, very well said

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S