No wake and max HP on bass tracker

Several years ago I bought an 18' fiberglass ranger boat with a 150 hp. Unfortunately my limited free time only permits me to fish nearby lakes, which most have a 10 hp/ or no wake restriction. It bothered me idling my 150 around, and not "opening" it up, so I eventually sold the boat. I've been looking at the Bass Tracker 175. So, I'm wondering, what is the max hp I can put on this boat, and accelerate without giving a wake, but at the same time not run the boat so low I have carbon buildup on the plugs. Any ideas based on experience?

Put a 25 on it
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    40 is my call

You can make a big wake with a 9.9 that would be illegal at a no-wake lake. No wake means just that regardless of the HP you have.
    I fish several 10 HP max lakes and I have a 9.9 on a Tracker PT 170 TX. I see several 175's with 9.9's making big wakes since they can't get on plane at WOT.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    No wake typically means 6 mph or less so it doesn't really matter what motor size you use, you're just piddling along. With today's fuel and oil injection or just fuel injection I wouldn't think this would be as big a problem as with the old 2-stroke motors.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

6. Banned
    Check out Torqeedo Outboards... Below is a link to the web page... No plugs to foul...just clean quiet power all day long.

https://www.torqeedo.com/us/en-us/products/outboards

7. Member
    Put a 9.9 on it, then you will be good to fish all the lakes and it will run all day at hull speed without fouling.

8. Member
    Someone needs to make a hybrid system for these HP limited lakes. Have a 10HP or 20HP whatever generator and an electric motor and a battery to store energy. Engine runs wide open and dumps it's energy into the battery. More than the engine HP is available to the electric motor as long as there is enough energy in the battery.