Smartstrike Helix SI/DI/???

I’m new to hummingbird..my new 2017 Ranger Z520 came factory rigged with Helix 10 DI on the bow and Helix 10 SI at the console. i just finished installing a new Ultrex with link and want to utilize all the features. Should I go with the Smartstrike mapping? Can i install the mapping at the console unit if i network through a ethernet hub?

Thanks,

Stan

Helix units do not share mapping.

You can use Lakemaster, Lakemaster Plus, or Lakemaster SmartStrike cards for the Follow-the-contour feature with iPilot LINK.
    You can also use Auto Chart Live and Auto Chart also to do that.

The SmartStrike feature is fish location prediction software for HD waters.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Will the ipilot link follow the mapping from the console unit or should I put the mapping in the bow unit? Which mapping would you recommend?

4. Member
    Which ever unit has the map card is the one that will follow the contour. If each unit has a map card then you can use both units to follow the contour

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Which ever unit has the map card is the one that will follow the contour. If each unit has a map card then you can use both units to follow the contour
    Which map card do you recommend?

6. Member
    I have lake master plus and smartstrike. I really don't use smartstrike feature that much. If you fish for multiple species and new unfamiliar lakes the smartstrike is handy. The lake master plus has satellite overlay. Both map cards have the same map detail. I actually have a solix and onix which allows me to overlay the smartstrike features on the lakemaster plus card if I choose to.

7. Member
    I have lake master plus and smartstrike. I really don't use smartstrike feature that much. If you fish for multiple species and new unfamiliar lakes the smartstrike is handy. The lake master plus has satellite overlay. Both map cards have the same map detail. I actually have a solix and onix which allows me to overlay the smartstrike features on the lakemaster plus card if I choose to.
    Thanks

8. Member
    I’m also going to install Precision NMEA0183 GPS Receiver with Heading Sensor for the console unit. Would you put it on the front next to the ipilot heading sensor since i will use both for link, or should I install on the back above the transducers?

9. Member
    Transom ( for the most accuracy if you plan on doing any mapping) if you can find a place that want cause interference with the internal compass. Some prefer it on the bow also, just personal preference. Just have to remember how far the heading sensor reciever is from the transducer when searching for waypoints, there is gomna be a litte ways off if the heading sensor is away from the tranaducer yoi used to mark waypoint structure. The heading sensor for the ultrex is just that, not a GPS receiver. It only provides heading sensor info to the GPS inside the ultrex head unit
    Last edited by ntslam; 01-21-2018 at 09:59 PM.