Sous Vide cooker purchase

Thought I would give my opinion on what I refer to as a water cooker. LOL. Gotta say the best grill accessory ive bought. Take whatever food you choose and place in a vac bag. (Could probably use ziplock as well). Add whatever seasoning you desire then vac seal. Set the cooker to the desired temp and just wait. Great thing about it is that you cannot over cook the meat. Set the temp to 125 and leave it there all night. It will be 125 the next day.

I tried the first time last night on a filet and it came out perfect. I set the water temp for roughly 10 degrees less than whated to allow a little increase as I finished on the grill.

Yes yes some will come on and say ohh I dont need that to cook a steak etc. Thats fine I guess as some are just naturals. I however like how exact of a temp you get as well as allowing you to speed up time on a grill etc. Last night I even included the asparagus and potatos in a separate pack. At a temp of 125 it didnt cook them all the way through but allowed me to speed up time on the grill to finish. Not to mention while cooking in the water bath the food is basting in the butter and seasonings.

Anyways my thoughts and for 80 bucks not too expensive.

2. Member
    It works really well on chicken breasts.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    It works really well on chicken breasts.
    Finding that it works well for many tasks. Just made some carne assada style tacos using it. Made a bunch of the marinade then vac sealed the beef in with it. Allowed it to set in the fridge for an hour then dumped in the 120 degree water. Ran some errands and came back to the meat cooking away and ready to be pulled for final grilling. Removed from the package and finished on the grill for a really quick flash fire.

I have also heard that its a great way for warming up BBQ such as brisket. Vac seal then warm using the cooker.

I have the Anonova and love it.
    アルは、非常に良い人です。