Chickamauga - places to stay and when to come for spring trip

Thinking about two trips this year one to come fish and one to bring wife down to come down for a mini vacation.

For fishing when is a good time? March? and where is a good place is to stay. Safe place for boat and place to shower and sleep is only requirements.

For trip with wife it would be more about just relaxing and maybe looking for property. Not needing super fancy but maybe a little nicer that just guys down for fishing.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    In Dayton at Blue Water Resort or... Less $,
    In Dayton at Sleep Inn...a nice place. Ask for angler rates. Charging plugs at every light post in a big lot.
    You can leave your boat for a day and see rock city, whatever. Wife & I looked at property too.
    Those are the 2 places I stay every trip.

3. Member
    Our club goes there every spring. They actually go in mid Feb.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    March-Early June is usually the best time and dayton is usually the best area to stay in. Whatever you do, don't forget to look at the calendar on dayton's website to make sure you're not going to dead in the middle of an open or some other big tournament. The lake get absolutely destroyed through those months with tournaments

5. Member
    I was just down there 2 weekends ago and stayed at Island Cove. It’s at the opposite end than Dayton. The room was kind of old but clean and very big. They gave us a boat slip free of charge for the 4 days we were there. I wouldn’t hesitate about staying there again. They have a Mexican restaurant on site that was jam packed Friday night and had a decent crowd other nights. It must be pretty good, but we were keeping it cheap and didn’t go in.

early may, get my vote. you can fish deep or shallow and have a chance at a big one

i have a buddy with a older but nice house on the lake he rents for $100 a night, sleeps 8. boat ramp on the property(unusable at winter pool), boat ramp across the creek(less than half mile drive), i use it year round. its in Ware branch about mid lake. pm me for his number
    There is NO substitute for time on the water!