DI mega chirp TM transducer

Does HB have a MEGA CHIRP transducer for the trolling motor yet?

2. Banned
    You can use the mega transducer on the trolling motor

They also just introduced a real chirp low q transducer with di and 2d

710271-1 XM 14 20 MDI T Transom Mount MDI Transducer
    710272-1 XTM 14 20 MDI T Trolling Motor MDI Transducer

This is for the Helix MEGA DI units

https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XTM-9-MDI-T/
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Dang it!!! I have Solix and I just spent $2,200 on an SS175HW airmar 2D and a Humminbird SM3000 to push it only to find out it doesn't support mega for my SI so I hooked the SI transducer to the control head instead of the SM3000 box.
    I used a wye cable so it wouldn't ping the 2D crystal and left the 2D branch of the wye cable empty. How would I go about hooking up this new mega DI transducer? I have 3 Solix 15's networked together. 2D through the SM3000 box with Airmar ducer and SI DI through the control head with Humminbird Solix ducer. Thanks

I'm sure I wouldn't have bought the airmar If I had known this was coming. Is the 2D low Q too?

5. Member
    Not wanting to hijack the thread but I am thinking about buying an ultrex and a Helix 9 chirp mega DI to place at the bow.

Will I get the same image detail or will I see any difference with this transducer on the TM with chirp sonar and mega DI as I would by using the transom mount transducer that is supplied with the Helix 9 chirp mega DI? Am I giving up anything? Am I gaining anything?

Second part of scenario... I purchased a Helix 9 chirp gps last year and ran it through the internal transducer on the Terrova (I sold the Terrova today).

I know I can run this Helix 9 chirp through the internal transducer on the ultrex but I suspect I will be fighting interference by running sonar on the us2 and DI on the external transducer (mounted on TM) from the Helix chirp mega DI. Unless there is a way to disable sonar only on the Helix 9 mega DI....

Otherwise I keep the Helix 9 chirp up front in gps mode and have a really expensive map setting there... Or sell it???

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    This is for the Helix MEGA DI units

https://www.humminbird.com/Products/XTM-9-MDI-T/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry L View Post
    Not wanting to hijack the thread but I am thinking about buying an ultrex and a Helix 9 chirp mega DI to place at the bow.

Will I get the same image detail or will I see any difference with this transducer on the TM with chirp sonar and mega DI as I would by using the transom mount transducer that is supplied with the Helix 9 chirp mega DI? Am I giving up anything? Am I gaining anything?

Second part of scenario... I purchased a Helix 9 chirp gps last year and ran it through the internal transducer on the Terrova (I sold the Terrova today).

I know I can run this Helix 9 chirp through the internal transducer on the ultrex but I suspect I will be fighting interference by running sonar on the us2 and DI on the external transducer (mounted on TM) from the Helix chirp mega DI. Unless there is a way to disable sonar only on the Helix 9 mega DI....

Otherwise I keep the Helix 9 chirp up front in gps mode and have a really expensive map setting there... Or sell it???
    If you have a Helix 9 CHIRP unit it is a G2N and so is the MEGA DI model, you can share the DI transducer and not get cross-talk. Don't use the US2. That solves your issue.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Thanks Wayne!