Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Thumbs Up Plus 93sv impression.....

Have to say, i'm impressed with the unit.....installed on boat last weekend and was able to get out on the water today to finish setting it up and see what it has to offer.....i have the CV52 and PS 22, set up on TM...calibration of the PS 22 was fairly easy, sonar was alot better than my lowrance unit, of course it was in chirp mode but screen was crisp and clear, next outing i'll try it in 200kHz for a apple to apple comparison to my lowrance....sidevu was good, i found it to not be as "crisp" as Lowrance but the side distance out shined the LSS 2 on transom.....downvu, didnt mess with it that much, i have the same comments at sidevu but there is no structure in the oxbow to really give it a good try. Panoptix, well i did see some fish swimming on it, small and large, will be something that i'll have to work with and get the hang of it....Also, easy to take screen shots but it could be faster at taking the shot, plus it stores them direct to the card.....ActiveCaptian is neat, used the app via phone to upload my Quickdraw contours while at the landing, plus downloaded and installed software update for the PS 22.....Overall very easy unit to use, navigating the menus was fairly easy, especially since i never worked a Garmin before but still learning where some things are, most settings were factory default, with a few adjustments. Once they release the ethernet function this unit would be hard to beat for its value with the networking....now if they would come out with a EchoPlus 10" and/or 12", that would top the cake.

Current units are HDS 9 Gen 3 w/Totalscan ducer on TM and HDS Gen 2 with sonar and LSS 2 ducer in rear....
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 01-20-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added additional info
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    Good to hear! I put the active Captain app on my phone, been getting notifications about a map update. I did connect, briefly, with both units via phone. I'm curious as to how updates will work, with two units.
    Hopefully this week I'll get the boat back together and mount both units. Then some time on the water!

3. Member
    I gave in last night, did both map updates, via active Captain app. Went pretty slick! It took awhile for the map update to download to my phone. I uploaded to one unit, disconnected and reconnected to other unit, uploaded to that unit. While uploading to second unit, first unit "validated?" Map update.
    It took a awhile, was pretty seamless though. I also typed in about twenty waypoints, then transferred them to other unit with active Captain app. That was quick! Took longer to connect, disconnect, connect to other unit than to transfer waypoints.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Cool deal....i have the "new" map popup also, but i plan on waiting till the end of my 1 yr. expiration to get the lastest and greatest, assuming it works like that.....

5. Member
    I must be the only one not getting the free update notification for my 63cv.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Are you sure that the update can be placed on the unit?

7. Member
    I’m not sure of anything at this point but I can’t do an sd card because the Garmin Express app on the computer says my serial number is not compatible with that tool.

8. Member
    I debated on waiting to do the map update.
    1. My curiosity of how it would work, with two units, got the best of me.
    2. The two lakes I primarily fish, aren't even mapped out on lakevü hd.