Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Pole not pairing?

My new boat came with dual PP Pro2's (2017/CM2). I have them set up on my Gen3 HDS unit but noticed that they were reversed port/starboard...They both worked fine on the HDS, the sides were just switched. So I decided to unpair/re-pair them to the correct sides. When I 'forgot' both, only the starboard side would show back as available to pair. The port side is on and works with the buttons on the pump but I can't figure out how to get it to show up on bluetooth again.

I checked with my phone to confirm that it's not showing up at all and not just on my HDS. I looked at various manuals online but couldn't really figure out what I was doing wrong. I tried holding the main pump button for 3 secs but it still didn't show up. I didn't have to do anything to get the starboard pole to show up. Unfortunately, I didn't have my remote with me that was paired to both to test that out, but it was working for both previously as well. These are my first power poles and they were factory/dealer installed.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
    Last edited by LDS922; 02-19-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    -Logan

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Start at your advanced dash switch, be sure that port is port and starboard is starboard, then when logging into the app make sure the advanced dash switch is set to work both poles, you should find that bluetooth now recognized them correctly as port and starboard then you can go discover them thru the bluetooth on the gen 3. You may have to delete the app and reinstall once your dash switch is working them correctly and the dash switch is set to work them both together.

A silly question but if not paired would it take 4 switches to operate both poles, 2 up and 2 down? Also is there an advantage to not pairing them?
    I got nothin

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Pairing simply means connecting to remotes or bluetooth. One remote works both poles. Would be no reason to have a seperate remotes for each pole.

5. Member
    Thanks for this. I will try reinstalling the app and go from there. I had a couple minutes to check my dash switch and it is working correctly and so is my lanyard remote, it's just the HDS that can't see the port pole. If I don't get it figured out I'll bump this thread again.
    -Logan

6. Member
    OK, so I wanted to bump this. My poles work fine with my smart remote and my lanyard remote - as they always have. I'd like to link both of them to my G3 HDS9, but I still can only see 1 of them to pair. I've tried using the CMonster app but when I scan with my phone neither poles come up. I've updated the HDS to latest software as well...The one pole still just never shows up as available to pair.

It's not a huge deal since everything works fine with the remotes like normal...But I'd like to have the feature on my dash graph and I just can't see how to get the 2nd pole to pair with it. Anyone have tips? I'm usually good with this type of stuff but this has got me stumped.
    -Logan

7. Member
    Bump again to see if any experts have advice...

Seems like the issue is that my poles aren't showing up as available to pair via bluetooth since I don't see them on my phone or the HDS unit when scanning. Is there a pairing mode that that I need to turn on at the pumps? I've read some documentation online but it's mostly geared to initial install and there's not a lot out there on pairing to an HDS.

Thanks!
    -Logan

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by LDS922 View Post
    Bump again to see if any experts have advice...

Seems like the issue is that my poles aren't showing up as available to pair via bluetooth since I don't see them on my phone or the HDS unit when scanning. Is there a pairing mode that that I need to turn on at the pumps? I've read some documentation online but it's mostly geared to initial install and there's not a lot out there on pairing to an HDS.

Thanks!
    Im sent

9. Member
    I am having the exact same problem. When I first set them up everything was fine. Now my carbon12 will only see,discover... the starboard pole. Thanks in advance for the help. JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

11. Member
    I understand how to pair them. My problem is my carbon will only find one pole. Starboard pole is paired. Thanks JD
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    is your app on your phone pairing with both poles?

13. Member
    No. Only starboard shoes up on phone also. All remotes work as should.
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Delete the devices from the paired Bluetooth device list in your phone and try to reconnect after cycling power to the pumps. After doing so they should both show up in the app and allow you to connect. Sometimes your phone will not recognize them as separate Bluetooth devices and this will help. Once we get them to both recognize on your phone then they will on the carbon.

If one still does not show up after doing this, than thereis more then likely an issue with the Bluetooth chip on the board and the board will need to be replaced a call to Power Pole and they will have a new board on the way. simple and easy to replace in les then 15 min.

15. Member
    Will do. Thanks for the help. JD
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogbus View Post
    Will do. Thanks for the help. JD
    let me know

17. Member
    Is there a way to adjust speed of deploy/retract when operating them via Lowrance head unit? Seems like it's on highest setting, I haven't figured out a way to change it.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Is there a way to adjust speed of deploy/retract when operating them via Lowrance head unit? Seems like it's on highest setting, I haven't figured out a way to change it.
    Is no current way to adjust speed thru the carbon.

19. Member
    Thanks for the info. Wondered about that.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    let me know
    Tried your fix no go. Must be a bad board. things just got a little worse. My starboard pole have developed a bad leak. Scheduled for repair next week. Thanks again for the help. JD
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast