Ice on local lakes

Watts Bar ramps at Caney Creek and Rockwood are unusable because it's solid ice across the entire coves. Ladd was usable today with a tournament going out of there. I'm sure it'll melt down after this week but I've been here since 2001 and never seen it quite that bad. A major shad kill is probably occurring and that should make for a good year fishing

What's the ice situation on your lake?

Fished Milton Hill last week and no ice except in the very back of one cove. Water was surprisingly warmer than I was expecting at 47-49 depending on the area. Even caught fish on a spook in a couple spots.

Drove by Cherokee and there was lots of ice on it though.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

3. Member
    Hmmmm...Last couple days have been ice in the coves on the Hill. Had a tourney yesterday and it was breaking up and melting.

Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Hmmmm...Last couple days have been ice in the coves on the Hill. Had a tourney yesterday and it was breaking up and melting.
    I fished it Wednesday, 10th, last week, before the snow so it may have iced over some since then. Drove over I-140 this morning and Concord area around Fox Marina still had lots of ice there. If I can get my day off changed to Monday I may go out tomorrow on the Hill.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

5. Member
    Going to have to look for your boat on the lake...can't go till Tues though. Sounded so cool to run boat past ice and hear it cracking.