Thread: New updates

New updates

Tomorrow I want to do the latest updates to my ultrex I pilot link, as well as the V 1610 for my Helix 10 mega chirp SI G2N. It sounds like I can do these updates through Bluetooth on my apple phone. I have the app for I pilot link already on my phone. Is this true? Thanks in advance!

You need the new FishSmart app 2.0 to download software update to so you send the update to the unit via Bluetooth.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks as always Wayne! I will look into that. As I keep reading it sounds like my ultrex may already have the latest update. I saw that I had upadates for my ultrex and helix on my Humminbird select account under available downloads.

4. Member
    I just loaded the FishSmart app to my iPad and see it is not the 2.0 version. I’ll do more searching for the proper one! Unless someone knows how to update the app. Damn technology lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    I just loaded the FishSmart app to my iPad and see it is not the 2.0 version. I’ll do more searching for the proper one! Unless someone knows how to update the app. Damn technology lol
    Some have already looked for the FishSmart 2.0 mentioned in the software update and it is not available. PLUS you need to install the new software so all of it works.
    In the software description it lists FishSmart 2.0 support. You can't support it when available if you don't install the software.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    That’s what I saw in the update for helix. I’ll just update through sd card and then I should be good! Thanks again

7. Banned
    The only thing new is the unit update. The link, remote, etc are all old

8. Member
    Thanks Troy! I can’t fish till March 1st ( reservoirs closed and frozen) just working on boat projects to pass the time.

9. Member
    Using the MK phone app is easy to update the Ultrex remote and controller. The last software on the Ultrex was ver 1.19 controller and ver 1.08 remote released in Jan 2017. You probably already have them loaded. I'm guessing they will leave the arrival mode for talons on the hummingbird and not update the remote.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstandiford View Post
    Thanks Troy! I can’t fish till March 1st ( reservoirs closed and frozen) just working on boat projects to pass the time.
    Hey I was wrong. I also had a link remote update. I don’t know where my remote is though lol

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Hey I was wrong. I also had a link remote update. I don’t know where my remote is though lol
    I once had a foreman,that when asked were something was, he'd say "bend over and reach way up in there, and you may just find it" I always liked him. Good man to work with.

12. Banned