Fortrex power connection at bow

Recently bought a Fortrex and noticed it doesn’t have a plug (better connection anyway). So my question is at the bow how are you guys connecting the leads from the breaker/batteries to the TM foot pedal? The TM has rings crimped on the end of the wires. I was thinking I could crimp connectors on the existing boat wires and then bolt the rings together and apply no-ox before taping them up.

My other thought was soldering, but I was thinking it might be difficult to heat up #6 stranded enough to soak up the solder.

Let’s hear what your thoughts or how you currently have them connected.

My 2008 Ranger has a waterproof in-line box with two threaded posts and nuts in the bow where the connection happens.

3. Member
    I just installed a blue sea 2602 terminal block 65A for my upgrade. Just put rings on the wires coming from the back and you should be good to go.

4. Member
    The female receptacle on your bow panel can be used as a terminal block. Remove the panel, drill a small hole for access, feed the wire through, make the connections, and put the panel back. You can put a small clam shell over the hole to prevent water intrusion. If you hardwire the Fortrex, you must have some type of battery disconnect switch while charging.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    The female receptacle on your bow panel can be used as a terminal block. Remove the panel, drill a small hole for access, feed the wire through, make the connections, and put the panel back. You can put a small clam shell over the hole to prevent water intrusion. If you hardwire the Fortrex, you must have some type of battery disconnect switch while charging.
    This, if you want to hardware, else if you want the plug, use the plug off the old trolling motor and cut the ring terminals off.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]