Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Difference between seguar invizex and red label?

Just wondering what the difference is between these two lines. I've always fished the invizx but just saw the red label on their website.

2. Member
    I may be wrong, but it may be the difference in diameter. I have fished Red Label from wally world until I found a 1000yd spool of InvizX on Amazon for $89. I am loving it. I never, however, had a problem with Red Label. I use 14lb InvizX, which is only .012in diameter.

3. Member
    I have a buddy that fishes InvizX, I fish Red Label. We both catch fish.

4. Member
    Red label is a little more abrasion resistant but had higher memory. Invisx has a smaller diameter, more limp, and good for spinning rods if you’re gonna spool up a whole reel.

Best comparison would be the difference between Trilene XL and XT.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I have fished both and to me the Red Label is a little stiffer especially in colder water. InvizX just seemed to soft/limp.

6. Member
    I screwed up. I use 15lb InvizX (not 14lb)and it is .013 in dia and the Red Label 12lb is .012in dia, so there is a diameter difference.
    Last edited by HalBrown; 01-21-2018 at 02:20 PM.

7. Member
    I've used both extensively over the last 5 years. Invizx is much more supple so I think it casts easier and lasts significantly longer due to higher memory on red label. Red label, especially 15+ lb seems to coil pretty bad after it's been on a reel for a month or so. Red label also seems to twist quicker when used as a leader. I drop shot with 6lb leader sometimes and the red label is difficult and twists up around the rod tip pretty easy. Invizx plays nicer there. Red label is definitely decent line especially for the price, but with the TW sale every December I load up on Invizx for the season.

8. Member
    I’ve used both but invizx is all I use now. Much higher quality fluoro. Thinner line diameter, less line memory and slightly more translucent in coloration. Also, you can get it On Walmart’s website for 60-70 per 1000 yd spool so when purchased like that it’s not a big price jump
    2008 Ranger Z21 (Red/Black) w/ 2008 Yamaha 250 HP VMAX Series 2

9. Member
    Nice, thanks for the info guys! Have any of you tried that crazy priced tatsu line by seaguar? I dont know if I can justify going to a line that expensive unless it really works wonders.

10. Member
    Much prefer Invisix

11. Member
    Don’t try Tatsu. I’ll leave it at that. You’ll get your feelings hurt if you try to compare it to invisx

12. Member
    I haven't tried Tatsu yet. I tried about 6 different fluoros before settling w/ Invisx, but haven't tried anymore since I started using it. Still use power pro for my braid. Between the two haven't really felt the need to experiment more.
    2008 Ranger Z21 (Red/Black) w/ 2008 Yamaha 250 HP VMAX Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    Don’t try Tatsu. I’ll leave it at that. You’ll get your feelings hurt if you try to compare it to invisx
    You won't only hurt your feelings, you will also hurt your wallet.

14. Member
    Tatsu is the best line by far. I can fish it for a year without changing to new line. Sunline Sniper is much better line than Invisx or Red Label and not quite as high as Tatsu. If you try Tatsu your fishing line choice never be the same. There is a dealer onEbay that has the cheapest prices on Tatsu.

15. Member
    I've never tried the sunline I might have to give that a chance. In what ways is it better than invizX in your opinion?

16. Member
    Tatsu versus InvizX is not even close. InvizX is total junk in comparison, and I used it for a solid year before trying Tatsu.

If someone prefers InvizX over Tatsu, it's strictly because of the price. And that reason makes absolutely no sense because Tatsu easily lasts twice as long as InvizX.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    Tatsu versus InvizX is not even close. InvizX is total junk in comparison, and I used it for a solid year before trying Tatsu.

If someone prefers InvizX over Tatsu, it's strictly because of the price. And that reason makes absolutely no sense because Tatsu easily lasts twice as long as InvizX.
    ugh man, I think im gonna have to give it a shot then. Maybe on my curado 70 because thats cheaper to spool. Thanks for the info!

18. Member
    I never fill a reel completely full of any one kind of line unless it's a reel I'll be fishing nylon mono on. If I am filling a new reel and I know I'll be using fluorocarbon on it I'll fill it half way with nylon mono in as close to the same diameter as the fluorocarbon line I am putting on. I'll then fill the rest with Tatsu, or even braid if I am going to use braid on that reel.

Once a reel is filled I never empty it. I just strip the line off down to the knot I joined the two types of line, together. I have reels that have the same backing on that I put on when the reel was brand new. Including Curado 200 B's and D's that are over 20 years old. I normally get at least 3 full reels out of a 200 yard spool of Tatsu. The only exception is when filling my crankbait rod reels. I get two reels worth out of one 200 yard spool.

I just don't see the sense in spending more than I have to on line that never see's the light of day. Same goes for respooling. Why take off line you never even seen at the end of even your longest cast?

Half full with cheap stuff, save the good stuff for line that is more than just taking up space.

Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    ugh man, I think im gonna have to give it a shot then. Maybe on my curado 70 because thats cheaper to spool. Thanks for the info!

Before you pay 50 bucks for Tatsu...I would at least try a spool of Sunline Super FC...you can thank me later.

20. Member
    I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for trying Sniper over Tatsu. Sniper is half the price, and it is a great line. I could understand someone trying Sniper and never changing, it is that good. With that said, I think Tatsu is better. Based on price is Tatsu twice as good? No, but it's better. How much better is up to the individual.

One thing is for certain... actually two things are for certain .............. one being, Sniper is way better than InvisX ......... and two ....... that "you can thank me later" line is some funny stuff LOL not funny ha ha ......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast