Thread: Z9 vs Z21

Z9 vs Z21

I was reading on Nitro.com that the Z21 doesn't use the NVT hull that the rest of the line uses. Is the Z21 hull the same as the Z9 hull?

2. Member
    I would have to say no. Been in both boats and they ride different. The Z21 seems to ride higher in the water and is a more responsive hull.

3. Member
    But it's the only boat not running Nitro's NVT type hull. Why would Nitro run every other bass hull with NVT and leave out their flagship?

Not sure maybe some characteristic of the hull they feel would not be good on the z21. Maybe they are using the other models to tune the hull. I'm happy with the hull on the z21. The extra length makes a difference.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    I read that the expense of the mold and construction on the Z21 for the NVT hull was a considerable increase, so it was decided against doing. Why it would be so, I do not see.

I was under the understanding that the z21 being longer was difficult to keep the curves "straight". Z9 was 20'9" .... z21 is 21'2"?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

I think the plan is to move to the 21 to the NVT hull. Again the biggest thing about the hull is it comes out of the mold far easier then a conventional hull. Less issue's.

I believe they are evaluating the difference in production costs and performance between the NVT and the Z21.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team