Thread: Painting gold?

Painting gold?

I am having some problems getting a bright flashy gold color on my baits, I usually spray them with a metallic rattle can but when I epoxy it turns into a dull gold color...no flash. Any suggestions?
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    I use gold pearl paint then use gold glitter pretty heavy in the clear epoxy when I finish it.

3. Member
    I've never got much of a flash on gold or chrome when painting anything. I just don't think it can be done, unless you cut and glue the foil to your bait, then maybe mist it with a transparent gold to the shade you like. Heavy on the gold glitter sounds easier though.

4. Member
    There isn't any paint that I've come across that can replicate the shine. The only way to get that finish is by plating, that is until some genius chemist figures out how to make a gold paint with the same reflective properties.

5. Member
    Learn how to foil baits if you want flash.

6. Member
    Foil is super easy, easier than paint, but there definitely are ways to make gold paint that has a nice flash. Generally too much work and too expensive when foiling is so easy.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. Member
    This might sound stupid and I'm not sure if it is available, even though every other color is available. Stop in at a nail salon. They are using a UV curable adhesive on the finger nails. Every color you can think of, even heat changing colors. Shot in the dark for ya