Solix units directly to internet

What am I missing, I just got my solix , how do I connect it to wifi?

Thanks

2. Member
    Where did you hear it had WIFI?

3. Member
    Oh man, I guess I just assumed. Coming from lowrance so not sure on some of the features I guess. Figured spend $3000 on a unit, it'd be wifi enabled. Nevermind then. I'll get my updates the old fashioned way, download them on my PC....

Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    What am I missing, I just got my solix , how do I connect it to wifi?

Thanks
    It does not connect to the internet and doesn't have WiFi. It has Bluetooth communication for your smart phone, tablet, and RC-2.

Select the Bluetooth icon on the home page.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    Oh man, I guess I just assumed. Coming from lowrance so not sure on some of the features I guess. Figured spend $3000 on a unit, it'd be wifi enabled. Nevermind then. I'll get my updates the old fashioned way, download them on my PC....
    This one section of the recent Solix update. If you have not done so register you unit on the Humminbird site and get a "My Humminbird "account to see all the changes and download the update so you can download to your phone by Bluetooth for the next update

• FishSmart 2.0 Support – FishSmart has been improved with a new look, improved chart navigation, and two huge new features:
      • You can now pair your smartphone with your SOLIX unit to download software updates directly onto internal hard-drive of the paired unit’s control head. You can also download software updates for additional units in your network by downloading files onto an SD card inside the paired unit. Once you have done that, you simply insert the SD card into your other unit(s) to update the software.
      • With your phone paired to your SOLIX, you can purchase and download high definition LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect directly onto an SD card inserted in control head. LakeMaster maps from ChartSelect can be purchased via the FishSmart app with or without a ChartSelect account, but we advise customers to sign-up for a ChartSelect account and link it to your FishSmart app via the app’s System menu. LakeMaster maps on ChartSelect can be found at www.chartselect.humminbird.com.

6. Member
    Thank you all for the help. I'm sure it's the first of at least a few questions. Really looking forward to my new solix' however

7. Member
    I looked for an update to my 1.02 fishsmart app but I can't find it at the app store. Anybody look yet? Bob

8. Banned
    Prob not out yet. Mine hasn’t updated