Mounting A Trolling Motor?

Dumb question but would rather ask and find out now before making a mistake.

I have an older model trolling motor (minnkota Maxxum). If I upgrade to a Fortrex....will it mount in same holes???

I just recently swapped out my 2008 Maxxum 80 42" with a new Fortrex 80 45" and all six holes lined up perfectly.

3. Member
    If you have a MinnKota now and upgrade to another MinnKota bow mount, cable steer foot controlled trolling motor, the holes will line up. When you get ready, give me a call. I can ship across the US.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Banned
    what about going from a motorguide (45# if i remember correctly; came with 2004 tracker pt175) to a minn kota powerdrive. Will the holes line up?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bockscar View Post
    what about going from a motorguide (45# if i remember correctly; came with 2004 tracker pt175) to a minn kota powerdrive. Will the holes line up?
    No, the bowmount footcontrolled cable steer units have a different foot print than the electric steers.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]