Thread: Rod Organizer

Rod Organizer

2014-496
    The rod tip - tube holes are tiny. Is there a positive offset reason that I'm unaware of? They drive me crazy trying to get the tips in and even worse with socks. One of my all time favorites was the moose head tree style in my 08-210. Anybody know if Charger offers a newer or different option?

2. Member
    how small are they?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    how small are they?
    1/2-1/3 a normal tube.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Take them out and use socks with the butt holder you will enjoy life better.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    You mean take just the tubes out and stick tips through the homes or take the whole rod rack system out? Technically neither should be the answer.

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I think he is saying to just remove the entire front section with the tubes, and leave the butt holder in.

I used the system for 9yrs, with socks, never had a problem. I even put 2 rods in 1 hole just put the butt under the bunge.
    I got nothin

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    COrrect take that whole thing out

9. Member
    This.

10. Member
    Yep. Those tubes are hard on rod guides

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    TOC, in the post #4 above, you said to use rod socks and the butt holder. Then, in a newer post #8 you say to take the whole thing out.....????

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Its a 2 piece design butt holder you can leave if you want but that front tube section is useless.

Its a 2 piece design butt holder you can leave if you want but that front tube section is useless.
    To each their own, said the old lady as she kissed the cow. I like mine. Now I will admit that you can get more rods in the box with it removed. They don't really work well with spinning rods unless you put them on the bottom row.
    I got nothin

14. Member
    So I ask again, why would Charger not put bigger rod tubes and some type of offset for the handle end. My opinions of rod racks is a good design is awesome and I'd much prefer using one, but a bad design is worst case scenario and you are better off with nothing. What I font get is why continue selling them with a bad design. It's too easy and zero effect on cost to change.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    like Jim Dunn said it works for him I had no problem with it until I started using more spinning gear with the big eyes you will need really big tubes.So if your a baitcaster guy you would like it better.I would of liked to have a big tube on the port and standard on starboard or vise versa that way I could keep them separated.

16. Member
    Some of my spinning rods will not fit in the tubes. The guides we're too big. I can't tell you how many guides I have bent in the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roaster View Post
    Some of my spinning rods will not fit in the tubes. The guides we're too big. I can't tell you how many guides I have bent in the tubes.
    How hard are you pushing them? I put my spinning rods in the box without tubes. That is where my partners rods also goes. Not sure what I'm going to do in my 210 as I DON'T HAVE IT YET!
    I got nothin

18. Member
    I didn't force any of them. Since the rods were resting on the guides of the spinning rods in the tubes they would bend from the bouncing of the boat. I can't imagine what they would have looked like if I didn't have a smooth riding Charger.