Loomis GLX generation guide?

Can anyone tell me how many generations of GLX casting rods they have made, and how to identify them?
    2018 Phoenix 920

2. Member
    Certainly no expert but I think there are 3. Bronze blank, green blank and black blank is how I think of them. The bronze (or maybe brown?) blank GLX's are great if you can get your hands on them, but most folks aren't letting these go. I didn't think too highly of the green blank GLX's and haven't fished any of the newest black ones but have heard complaints about the comfort of the reel seat. Someone smarter than me may come along shortly with more or better info.

- Ken
    Ken Kipler
    South Mills, NC by way of
    CV-43, AS-31, CVN-69, FFG-56, CVN-69, CVN-71
    Ranger 520L w/ Merc Pro XS 250 4S (2B635878)

3. Member
    at what point did the BCR become the JWR?
    2018 Phoenix 920

The original BCR GLX rods were the first green blank with recoil guides. Prior to those, there were MBR GLX models. They released a few other technique specific GLX rods in the same time frame that the original GLX models were out - there were GLX SBR and CBR models, and even a DSR, and a very nice SMR. The "second generation" of technique specific GLX rods had the JWR delineation and were my least favorite GLX series. They were also a green blank and discontinued a couple years back. Current GLX JWR models have a charcoal, classic Mag Bass colored blank and are a huge improvement over the previous generation. There are a few other details to the story that I'm sure others may add, but that's the general gist of it...

5. Member
    Whats the consensus on the BCR with recoil guides?
    2018 Phoenix 920

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser_2332 View Post
    Whats the consensus on the BCR with recoil guides?
    They are really nice rods overall. There were a few great individuals in that series too...

7. Member
    good to hear, i found a BCR854 and a BCR853 for a killer price so i picked both of them up
    2018 Phoenix 920