Thread: Elites launch

Elites launch

Hi all...any word where the BASS Elites are going to be launching from in July? I read about one of the town supervisors bitching about them being there in Havre de Grace.

Is there any place else other than Anchor that can handle that many boats and people?

I'm hoping to spend the weekend down that area.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

The word is that HdG said no to them launching their. I'm told they are launching in the Bush river at Flying Point Park.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Why aren't they using Anchor?

Tom

thanks for the info!...looking forward to the event
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    Why aren't they using Anchor?

Tom
    Harford County Tourism put up the money to BASS to hold the tournament in Harford County Maryland to help increase tourism to the county.
    TX was originally supposed to be at Tydings marina in Havre de Grace, but a few people with boats docked at the marina had objections.

Only other launch in Harford County big enough to accommodate the 111 boats per day was Flying Point Park.

Anchor is in Cecil County as is Elk Neck State Park ramp, Cecil did not want to put up the money to old the event this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BASSCAT7 View Post
    Harford County Tourism put up the money to BASS to hold the tournament in Harford County Maryland to help increase tourism to the county.
    TX was originally supposed to be at Tydings marina in Havre de Grace, but a few people with boats docked at the marina had objections.

Only other launch in Harford County big enough to accommodate the 111 boats per day was Flying Point Park.

Anchor is in Cecil County as is Elk Neck State Park ramp, Cecil did not want to put up the money to old the event this year.
    Thanks

Tom

They better talk to APG to make sure they don't close the river down at any point during the day for shooting. haha. I also was told that the guy from HCT had to clue what he was doing. You would think he would have got HdG to approve site before bidding on the tournament. I a way I'm sorta pissed about HC spending our money this way because it's rare the county benefits financially from a bass tnx. Thats why Cecil county didn't want to do it.
    It will be interesting to see how they pull this off at Flying point Park.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

BASS has talked with APG and they will not be doing any testing during the tournament week.

Yea Tom it's going to be a tight fit back there, especially if they get a crowd to watch the morning launch. One road in and out.

Hope they don't get a lot of rain before or during the tnx because there will need to be a lot of grass parking.

I marshalled last time they were here. Which was cool.
    Thinking about just poking around in my boat and gawking at them this time. Would have been real easy launching anywhere in the NE and catching up to them if they were at HDG. Kinda a hike down there though. Chit.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I marshalled last time they were here. Which was cool.
    Thinking about just poking around in my boat and gawking at them this time. Would have been real easy launching anywhere in the NE and catching up to them if they were at HDG. Kinda a hike down there though. Chit.
    Go go sit out by the Flats and wait for the flotilla to arrive.

12. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    oh how exciting!

This shall be interesting gang!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Go go sit out by the Flats and wait for the flotilla to arrive.
    I can really picture that. 2/3 of them will go hit docks up the Northeast. 1/2 dozen will go under the railroad trestle that Schwindle fished.
    Although a ton of boats will probably go directly to the marina in the Middle River that Martins fished. That's it, launch in the Middle River. Burn zero boat gas.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

14. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    I wonder how many will stay in Bush or run to Gunpowder. With the fish kills still in the recent past, I think those options are bleak. Even Middle River is questionable. I think the Northeast and Susquehanna will get 80 to 85% of the attention.
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50