Transom transducer guard

I have a TX18 and I’m running a Lowrance HDI skimmer transducer on the back. I broke the stem of the transducer off. I’ve tried using epoxy and JB weld but neither have held up. I’m gonna buy a new transducer but would like some sort of protection for it. I go a lot of places that I probably shouldn’t in my boat( why I bought a tin boat) so I know it’s bound to happen again. Any of y’all had any luck with a particular product or set up?? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    I'm going to try 2 of these on mine this weekend.
    transducershieldandsaver.com
    2019 Skeeter ZX 225

3. Banned
    I use a TSS spring back bracket for my humminbird hdsi transducer. The one in the link should work for a skimmer http://www.transducershieldandsaver....-back-bracket/

We broke ours within the first month on the transom, just taped it up out of the way.
    Ordered the boat with the little X3 in the console because we thought we would upgrade later on.
    This Christmas we got a 9" Lowrance HDS with a totalscan transducer to replace it.
    The TSS looks like a good idea. I figure if we broke the first one there is a good chance we will be up shallow again and worried about this more expensive one.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23