Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Moderator
    I’d prolly still miss it.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    cool

Buddy had one he petted, and it followed him to his truck like a lost dog. Deer can be pretty tame sometimes, especially if getting fed by people.

Heck I was about 30 ft from 6 does the other day talking to a buddy behind our office.

Damn

Well at least one story in this thread was true

6. Banned
    Probably some kind of side effect of man made global warming...

It's a millennial deer......

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    That would scare me thinking he may have rabies or something. I did see that knot on his head. Dang.
    Something strange indeed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Have done clean up/trackng for car accidents for a few years, that's some dumb shit.....watched a roid head think he could break the neck of deer he hit and took out the back legs......it was YouTube worthy! too bad gopros weren't around 20 yrs sgo.......
    Many years ago a young 18 year old comes into work one Saturday morning looking like he'd been a sparing partner for Muhammad Ali. Turned out that he'd gotten drunk the night before and tried to wrestle a goat. Yeah, I can imagine what a buck would do.

10. Member
    Whoa! That's crazy!

11. Member
    Should have got on his back..

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Buddy had one he petted, and it followed him to his truck like a lost dog. Deer can be pretty tame sometimes, especially if getting fed by people.

Heck I was about 30 ft from 6 does the other day talking to a buddy behind our office.
    I've got deer living in my back yard so tame, they like for me to throw a blanket over them when they take a nap

Seriously, I can get within 20 ft of them when mowing before they walk off.

There was a old man up close to where I used to hunt that ran over a Fawn with a tractor... Picked her up and his wife nursed her back to health... Bambi of course was it's name...Jimmy could pet Bambi at any time and she wore a big red collar... Everybody up there knew who she was... Funny thing about her was even when she had fawns she knew not to bring them up to the houses and get them used to people... And she would get angry with you if you tried to get to close to them... But she was as sweet of an animal as she could be...apples... She loved apples and you could call her like a dog to feed her an apple... It was so funny.. Last I remember she was about 9 years old last anyone had seen her... She has took up with a lady who was feeding her sugar cubes and sweet feed on the other side of the Holler from old man Jimmie's...
    Last edited by mrlawler1; 01-19-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    So to prove I am telling the truth, a guy named Wesley Gray,a student of mine,did the most insane thing I have ever witnessed. He was sitting on the side of a clay bank hunting and a young buck comes along. Instead of killing it,he leaped from his post(stand) and rode the buck to the ground. Asked him afterwards why he did it. He said he just always wanted to see how long he could hold on! He didn't injure the deer,but severely hurt it feelings. He also swims into beaver huts and drags beavers out on occasion. Needless to say everyone is afraid of Wesley. He is one crazy dude! I probably should not admit it but he is my first cousin.I hope this trait isn't inherited by genetics as I have 3 boys. crazy. The deer in the video was likely blind in that eye and up wind from the hunter. Once he figured out something was wrong ,he didn't run like he was hurt at all!

15. Member
    On my story. Knowing the guys in that club I wouldn't doubt something like that. But I don't how much if any of that story is true. They could have been drunk riding a sheep. Just one of those deer camp stories.

16. Banned
    Unreal!!!

There was a buck killed in Alabama a few years ago that had an Alabama dog collar put on him at a very young age... It was so tight he could barely eat...or swallow anyway.. I've looked for the article at Aon magazine but can't find it...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

18. Member
    t's a millennial deer......

19. Banned
    CWD?

20. Member
    after reviewing the clip I would suggest the title of "Rutting Buck" is incorrect, the neck is not even close to being swollen which is what will happen when a buck it in the rut plus his hocks weren't real dark brown almost black which also occurs when a buck is in rut. This is a young deer that was curious of what he saw and came to investigate, I even had a young buck walk up to me when I was sitting on the ground and nudge me with his nose. pretty cool experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast