Xpress Performance Bulletin

I’ve been reading all the threads I can find on props for the x19/175 SHO combo. From what I’ve read, I will most likely look into a 23p or 24p fxp. However, is there a reason that no one on here seems to run the vmax sho prop that xpress used for their performance testing? It seemed to put up great numbers.

2. Member
    Some it has to do with price point on props ...... and at one time it was next to impossible to get SHO props due to lack of manufacturing. Compounded with the fact that TXP props were performing really good on a lot of boats at the time, and a FXP is nothing but a ventless-TXP.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    Thanks for the information. So would it be worth looking into the SHO prop or would the FXP/TXP be a better route?

Hi Charlie, your dad told me about getting the x19 , Know ya'll enjoy it be careful and do good in school maybe you can take me out during spring break. BRING it BY the FORD Store.
    .ps. 61 fast enough to catch a bass..lol
    Frank A

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

5. Member
    running a fxp 23p here on a 6" plate. Have hit 63mph on gps. But did not hang long as she chine walks like crazy.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    Hi Charlie, your dad told me about getting the x19 , Know ya'll enjoy it be careful and do good in school maybe you can take me out during spring break. BRING it BY the FORD Store.
    .ps. 61 fast enough to catch a bass..lol
    Frank A
    Well definitely go depending on where we are! I’ll try and bring it by the next time I’m in town ��

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckuhn02 View Post
    Thanks for the information. So would it be worth looking into the SHO prop or would the FXP/TXP be a better route?
    The truthful answer to that questions is 'you just never know'.

I do believe that the SHO prop is a great prop ..... as is the TXP/FXP, Tempest, Fury, Trophy, Scorpion, Raker and VMax. All of those props have been proven performers on hyperlift hulls. The biggest issue is that no 2 hulls are identically alike due to welding ..... be it the metal shift in the jig with expansion while welding it together and/or weld beads at seams (namely the keel line and hull-to-transom edge). Compound that with weight distribution differences, various motor combinations, engine height setups, jackplate lengths, manual vs hydraulic jackplates and the driver's ability to drive the beast.

By the time all those variables aline ...... there just is no telling. With that said, the ones mentioned above tend to be the ones that work really good for most.

This is the biggest benefit fiberglass hulls have over aluminum .......... when it pops out of the mold, the running surface is pretty much identical ...... or at least enough that the general fisherman will never notice. The variable for them is foam weight and sometimes fiberglass weight ...... which is why some boats within a specific model always seem to run a little faster than others without any additional 'work' done to them (ie blueprinting, etc).

Good Luck! ........... and ENJOY your new boat!!!! I can't begin to tell you how envious I am of the new boats and the additional waterproofing effort in them.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci