Restaurant celebrates 100 years

How many of y'all have ever eaten at a 100 year old Restaurant ? Owned by same family all this time. Legend has it they've never changed their grease?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/1/1...rates-100.aspx
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Used to eat at Jerry's Napoli in Lodi, NJ. the coal fired oven was never out for 90 yrs. It was a speak easy, a burlesque, and bar during its years. Pizza was all hand made, cut the cheese off a block, pepperoni off a stick.....nothing was pre made in advance.

BY times had an article on Jerry.

3. Banned
    Never heard of it but next time I'm in Chatt I will make sure to stop by and give it a try.

4. Member
    Ybor City in Tampa has a Spanish restaurant, the Columbia. Same location, same family, since 1905.

It's great ! Little pricey but pretty fancy and as you might expect, to have been in business that long it is really something special.

Last ate there about six weeks ago.

30 more years.....
    The Old South Restaurant is a historic diner and local restaurant landmark at 1330 East Main Street in Russellville, Arkansas. It is a modular single-story structure, with streamlined Art Moderne styling consisting of exterior porcelain-coated aluminum paneling, bands of fixed windows, and a protruding aluminum entrance, above which a neon-lighted sign rises. The diner was built in 1947 out of manufactured parts produced by the National Glass and Manufacturing Company of Fort Smith, Arkansas. Construction time was six days
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

6. Member
    Never be to Zarzours but I've been to Bea's Restaurant in Chattanooga many times. Its 67 years old and climbing.

Union Oyster House, Boston. The oldest resteraunt in the US.
    pretty cool inside, big exposed beams. Food is good.

8. Banned
    Century Inn here north of Cincinnati. Was located on the trail between Cincinnati and Middletown/ Dayton area... Pretty cool place... Plus they have Guinness on tap!!!... Dan

I pass by it on my way to my favorite fishing hole, they serve a great burger with cold ones! Michigan's oldest business started in 1835!

http://wrkr.com/old-tavern-inn-oldest-in-michigan/
    I am not delusional,
    I see all illusions!

10. Member
    Not a diner but a grocery store 88yrs been in wife's family
    Last edited by ridgerunner11; 02-04-2018 at 11:08 PM.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Century Inn here north of Cincinnati. Was located on the trail between Cincinnati and Middletown/ Dayton area... Pretty cool place... Plus they have Guinness on tap!!!... Dan
    Century Inn is a s##t ho#e

Thinking Ferrell’s Snappy Dinner in downtown Hopkinsville, KY is still owned by the same family going on 87 Years now.

Peter Lugers 1887
    Louis lunch 1895
    Union oyster 1827
    Georges Coney Island 1929 (close)
    Doyle’s cafe 1882 .. first place to ever serve Sam Adams beer .. original owner once shot and killed a robber then joked for years those were the only free shots that were ever given at his bar (how I heard it not sure if true )

Durgin Park in Boston 1827.. was one of my moms favorite places .. they still make Boston baked beans everyday

I love me some historical restaurants

Up until a 20 years ago Worcester was loaded with old diner cars .. many family owned for generations .. man I miss those for the history and the food !!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    How many of y'all have ever eaten at a 100 year old Restaurant ? Owned by same family all this time. Legend has it they've never changed their grease?

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/1/1...rates-100.aspx
    Believe Dove's in T-ville ky may on the list. White Castle type so called burger.

Eischen's Bar in Okarche OK. Continuous operation since 1896. Famous for fried chicken. Was on Dinners & Drive-ins.

http://eischensbar.com
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

ptobably drove by it for years on the way to Bea's lolo..never been in that Zarzours Restaurant

17. Member
    Danny I've eaten there since the late 60's great place to eat anytime you're hungry. I think that restaurant is the only one left.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fvogel67 View Post
    Century Inn is a s##t ho#e
    Glad you feel that way... Maybe the wait to get in and eat will be shorter... Guinness please... Dan

Good one in Denver: BUCKHORN EXCHANGE
    Denver’s original steakhouse, The Buckhorn Exchange is located in the city’s oldest neighborhood, just 5-minutes from downtown Denver -- with a light-rail stop right across the street. This National Historic Landmark and Western Museum has been serving the finest in Old West fare since 1893.

Prime grade beef steaks, buffalo prime rib, elk, salmon, quail, game hen, and succulent baby-back pork ribs are just some of the marvelous offerings on the Buckhorn menu. Exotic appetizers such as alligator tail and buffalo sausage are available, and no dinner is complete without the house specialty, Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Rocky Mountain Oysters...ahhhh NUTS!

St. Elmo's Steak House here in Indy. Not owned by same family but been in business since 1902 and dang good steaks.