What Size Jackplate is Allowed on RT198?

I was curious about something I could not find an answer to in the Ranger literature....

The RT198 warranty as I understand it says that a jackplate is allowed but that it HAS to be installed at the factory to keep the warranty intact. Maybe they have some special way or place they install it....I don't know. But it did not say what type, brand or size that they install that I could find.

I know that some other manufacturers like Xpress are pretty friendly with the jackplate size issue. I think Ranger had some specs in the old literature about what is allowed. The specs are still there for the RT188 but I did not see anything about the 198 except that as I read it, it said any plate installed by anyone other than the factory voided the hull warranty. But I didn't see anything about the specs of the plate like the 188 literature has. What do they install as that option to keep warranty in effect?
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

2. Member
    I contacted Ranger direct when I first purchased mine. I have it in writing (email) from them that as long as it is installed by a Ranger DEALER, they will provide warranty. 6" Atlas purchased from Ranger.

You do have to purchase it from them tho, as per the email I received. However, if they warranty it from them, I can't see them not covering it if purchased from the Dealer that does the install. I just didn't want to have to fight them should the need arise.
    Last edited by Mike198P; 01-18-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Added info

3. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    It has to be a Atlas hydraulic jack-plate. 4", and 6" are allowed. As stated by mike198p, it needs to be either dealer installed or installed at the factory. I didn't purchase my jack-plate through my dealer, but they are going to install it. My warranty will still be in tact. I made it a make or break deal with purchasing my boat, so my dealer is going to do it. If I were you, I'd go to your dealer, and talk to them in person.

4. Member
    I have a RP190 that has a 4" setback plate, I had my dealer contact Ranger about it, I wanted it for my side imaging so I wouldn't have any interference, they said it was ok as long as dealer installed it.