Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USPS finally got me

Ordered two rods and realized while in transit i ordered casting rods in stead of spinning. I called the retailer and explained the situation and they simply said not to except the package and tell the mailman to return to sender. I did this and two weeks later the rods are nowhere to be found. I called the USPS and they told me as far as they know, I have the product as they have no record of them being refused. So, yeah I am out some coin. Maybe I should set up a go fund me page (relax, it's a joke).

2. Member
    That sucks man! They get everybody eventually!

3. Member
    Stuff like this is why I hate it when a seller uses them. Their tracking is a joke! I do not mind paying more for UPS service.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Same thing happened to my wife with an Ipad. Somebody is enjoying it.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Ordered two rods and realized while in transit i ordered casting rods in stead of spinning. I called the retailer and explained the situation and they simply said not to except the package and tell the mailman to return to sender. I did this and two weeks later the rods are nowhere to be found. I called the USPS and they told me as far as they know, I have the product as they have no record of them being refused. So, yeah I am out some coin. Maybe I should set up a go fund me page (relax, it's a joke).
    Does your mailman remember this? Surely an uphill battle, but if he remembers and will testify to that, it might make the charges disputable with your credit card company and/or the USPS own up to it.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Does your mailman remember this? Surely an uphill battle, but if he remembers and will testify to that, it might make the charges disputable with your credit card company and/or the USPS own up to it.
    I mentioned this to the person at USPS and they said as long as they do not have any records I am screwed. I bought it through paypal.

7. Member
    I mentioned this to the person at USPS and they said as long as they do not have any records I am screwed. I bought it through paypal.
    Have you gone to the location your mail trucks are dispatched from, and talked to the person in charge there? I have found them to be very helpful.

Also, I have found some return to sender items take quite a bit of time (in excess of two weeks).

I'm often not at my place of business when the mail arrives, which is fine, as the leave the little slip in the mailbox, and I pick up the package at the post office. However, I have found with them returning a refused package, they don't leave a slip, and instead just keep trying until they find me (but with like 4 days in between, as it has to go back to a returned mail sort warehouse in another state, then back to Ga).

If your retailer doesn't have the location manned when packages are delivered, that could certainly be the issue. That said, the tracking number usually does show this odd path.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Who is John Galt?

8. Member
    Yeah, the tracking number only shows that it was delivered and not that it was refused.

9. Member
    Yeah, the tracking number only shows that it was delivered and not that it was refused.
    Another thing I've found with USPS, is that once the item gets scanned as 'delivered,' the online tracking system stops updating. However, the internal tracking system still functions, so any subsequent scans are still visible to the postmaster, but aren't available online. An in person visit to the post office should yield a printout of the tracking they see.

One time, the USPS employee accidentally had his gun set on 'delivery' instead of 'acceptance' when he scanned my dropped off packages in. As such, all the packages I dropped off that day showed 'delivered' in my zip code, at the time I dropped them off. One Ebay customer called me to fuss about that, saying there must be something wrong with that package. I told him to wait 2 days and see if it arrives. Sure enough, two days later, he calls, tells me it didn't, and that he wants his money back, as there's not enough time to send a replacement in time for a weekend fishing trip (there was time).

I go pick up the internal tracking info from USPS, and email it to him, showing that it was delivered 5 mins before he called me. It didn't take 20 minutes for him to call and leave a 6 minute long voicemail telling me how it was delivered to his neighbors house, and how USPS was going to pick it up and redeliver it the next day, and how the product looked good (even though USPS was supposedly going to redeliver the next day....), etc.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Who is John Galt?

10. Banned
    Have you called the place you ordered from? They could of reversed shipping.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Have you called the place you ordered from? They could of reversed shipping.
    We have been in contact. They are the ones that told me to refuse the package and return to sender.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Stuff like this is why I hate it when a seller uses them. Their tracking is a joke! I do not mind paying more for UPS service.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

13. Member
    Alright, crazy story of the day. I finally found the number to my local post office and called. As I am talking to this lady she asked me to describe the box. I tell her it around 7 ft. long and while talking the she tells me to hold on. She says, " I see a long box back in the corner." Sure enough, two weeks later and it is still sitting in the corner. Not to mention it was priority shipping.

14. Banned
    UPS is NO BETTER!
    shipped a rod in a VERY strong PVC tube, and buyer got it, in 2 pieces. UPS said it was "faulty packaging"! LOL...how the hek do you break a 7' long piece of very sturdy pvc???

15. Member
    Mail man has 2 new rods....
    Lol

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    UPS is NO BETTER!
    shipped a rod in a VERY strong PVC tube, and buyer got it, in 2 pieces. UPS said it was "faulty packaging"! LOL...how the hek do you break a 7' long piece of very sturdy pvc???
    Add FedEx Ground to the list. I shipped a rod in a pvc tube. When it arrived, the caps and the rod were gone...just an empty tube. A FedEx employee got an extra present this last Christmas at their company's expense since I had the insurance.

17. Member
    I wouldn't use FedEx if my butt was on fire and they were the only source for water to extinguish the flames.
    Hi Mike.

USPS....never again....

13 year old Tracker

19. Member
    Traded rods with a member here just a few days ago. He shipped to me using USPS, my rod arrived in great shape, I sent mine through Fed Ex his arrived in great shape. I went to a business that is local, where they tell you which delivery service is available and dates and prices. FedEx rate was $52, USPS was $84, UPS was going to be $234!!! Serious. That is why I chose FedEx. I might have gotten better rate if I had went to each service and inquired about rates.

I had an issue like this a couple months ago. I had a big order delivered to the house, noticed that it was wrong, I contacted the seller and told them I was sending it back to sender. They taped it back up, told me I could track it back to the sender using the same tracking info, and life would be grand. Over 2 weeks went by and the status never changed. And then, one day, it showed that it was in transit back to the sender. It took a while and for some reason, it just sat at this post office, even after they ensured me that they don't just leave packages sitting around for days or weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast