Adding a sliding drivers seat mount?

The drivers seat in my Stratos sits a little low and I was thinking about adding a adjustable sliding seat mount similar to what comes standard in many of the new bass boats. This would give me alittle more height and adjustability. I've only been able to find 1 mount that seems to fit the bill and it's about $200 from Springfield Marine. Has anyone added these in their boat? What mount did you use and how difficult was it?

Haven't installed a slider, but some things to consider:
    If you need to get closer to the steering wheel, you could install a steering wheel spacer instead. Cheaper and likely easier.

Also, if you raise seat height, be mindful of knee clearance under the console. After installing new seats in my boat (thicker bases and backs, lifted me up and pushed me closer to console), I had to cut 1" off the bottom of the console to fit my knees underneath.
    Sit on some pads/cushions to test it out before committing to anything.

3. Member
    Good advice above. The sliders came on my boat. They are loose and rattle like hell. If/when I figure how to get rid of them, I'll give them to someone.

When I had my Blazer (I'm only 5'7"), I could not see over the windshield as the seats on a Blazer 190 Pro V sit low. I bought two of the nice solid vinyl boat cushions and used one in the seat. Problem solved. The foam in those cushions is very dense, so it does not collapse after you sit on it a while. They are extremely durable too, and make great floats if you want to take a swim. I had to move my hotfoot back a few inches as well.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80