Buying my first bass boat

Hey I am looking at a 1997 Skeeter ss150 with a 1996 Yamaha 150 hp. The guy said the motor runs but not perfect. And that it needs new fuel lines. I'm wondering if that sounds like a deal breaker? And too expensive to fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Banned
    I would highly recommend having a certified mechanic do a go-over on the motor before buying it.

3. Member
    Be sure and put that sucker in the water and run it, too.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

4. Member
    Ive learned that if it was a quick simple fix and the seller knows whats wrong with it, theyd fix it to sell ut for a lot more. Otherwise theyre just guessing what it is and dumping it on aomebody else to figure it out. Things sell for a lot more when in good working condition.

Id take it to a mechanic vefore buying it
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL

5. Banned
    This ^^^^^^
    Just sold my old Charger earlier this year and put a couple hundred in it fixing little things most guys might not even notice just to make sure it was as right as I could possibly get it. If you really want it have a tech check out the issues and give you a estimate for the repairs. Take that amount off the asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky292 View Post
    Ive learned that if it was a quick simple fix and the seller knows whats wrong with it, theyd fix it to sell ut for a lot more. Otherwise theyre just guessing what it is and dumping it on aomebody else to figure it out. Things sell for a lot more when in good working condition.

Id take it to a mechanic vefore buying it
    I agree with this

7. Member
    Probably needs a full fuel system rebuild including draining the tank. I agree with the he would fix it if it was minor statements above. I would look long and hard at the transom as well as I think that is around the first year Skeeter went to a composite transom

8. Member
    Check the trailer also. If it is tube be careful.