Charcoal Ranger Seats?

Looking at going with dark charcoal seats on my new ranger with trex black centers. Am I going to burn myself all summer? My old 2002 Champions seats got so hot you couldn’t touch them. Had to put a towel down.
    2018 Ranger 2080MS
    250 Verado

2. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Gray seats get hot, black seats get hot, red seats get hot, blue seats get hot, they all get hot in the summer sun.......point is get exactly what you like and don’t look back, believe me you will be glad you did. Just lay your life jacket in the seat when you get up to put the trolling motor down so you don’t burn your rear end when you sit down.
    Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

3. Member
    Agree, they all get hot. Get what you want and be happy.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The very lightest colors (pearl gray, white) don’t get quite as hot, but the difference between light and dark is not a deal-breaker, and as others have said, keeping a towel handy takes care of even the hottest days with darkest colors. I had charcoal side panels on the seats of my last two boats, and hardly ever felt that they were too hot for bare legs to tolerate. What you really need to watch out for is stainless hardware on hot, sunny days. That can leave a mark!
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    I had a buddy that was ordering a new boat the dealer said those seats are going to be hot. He said good I have froze my azz off more than I've been hot in a bass boat

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    I had a buddy that was ordering a new boat the dealer said those seats are going to be hot. He said good I have froze my azz off more than I've been hot in a bass boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pro's Choice Pete View Post
    Gray seats get hot, black seats get hot, red seats get hot, blue seats get hot, they all get hot in the summer sun.......point is get exactly what you like and don’t look back, believe me you will be glad you did. Just lay your life jacket in the seat when you get up to put the trolling motor down so you don’t burn your rear end when you sit down.

8. Member
    Beach towels come in handy in the summer!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by armond View Post
    I agree with this. Only time you need a towel is when it's above 85. Guess that depends on where you live. I have red and charcoal seats.

10. Member
    Thanks for the replies guys. I will go for the colors I like. Glad ranger gives you a lot of options!
    2018 Ranger 2080MS
    250 Verado

11. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    I did my seats over in black and charcoal. They do get hot. If your wearing shorts you will need to protect your legs. Now, this is in the South, most likely would be a little up North.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

12. Member
    I had dark seats in an older boat. A bit warmer than other seat colors.

Vic's in Ohio has a Ranger with dark seats. I think they look great. Check them out.

https://vicsboats.com/2018-ranger-z5...ry-250-pro-xs/
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

13. Member
    It gets to be 95+ frequently during the summer around here. My seats are dark gray/dark blue/light gray and I have never noticed them being hot. I always have a shirt on also.
    Unless you are fishing in a speedo, you should be fine.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

I just put some water on the seats when they get too hot works good.
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Pro's Choice Pete View Post
    can't say it better than that!