Older Xpress ID help

I bought a 1997 model (may be 98, I can't remember and boat isn't here to double check) Xpress boat. The outside of the boat and the engine are in great shape. Carpet is shot. At any rate, I'm in the process of replacing the carpet and getting it set up. Contacted an insurance agent and he said Xpress doesn't show making the H56 prior to 1999. I called Xpress a month or so ago because I didn't know what model my boat was. They have no records on their computer system prior to 2002 so I talked with a guy that had been with the company since the early 2000's. He told me the boat model would be located on the Coast Guard plate, but went ahead and walked me through how to figure out what model that I have. Coast Guard plate says it's an H56 and he told me that's what it most likely was.

I know that the model on those boats is determined by the measurement across the bottom of the boat. My question, is that measured in a straight line from one bottom corner to the other, or does the measurement follow the contour of the Hyper Lift hull?

2. Member
    Measurement should be straight line across the top from bow to transom for length ....... and port to starboard rear corners (widest point) across the top of the boat for width. With that said, aluminum moves when welded, so your length might be slightly off from the 'published' measurement.

H56's were 18' ........ most were rated for 115hp-140hp max (IDK if that was year dependent or 'steering upgrade' dependent ..... or both) ........ and they were made in the 90's and into the mid/late-00's (as in like 2007'ish).

I just looked on NADA and they show H56's having been mode in 1997/98/etc. I even went down to '94 till I stopped looking and it shows them listed. ............ you might have your Insurance Guy look for the brand "Aluma-weld" (Xpress boats original name). Also, keep in mind too that there are multiple listings of various versions of H56's for some years too.

Good Luck!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    I had a 98 h-56 so i know they made them then. lol

4. Member
    I have a 97-H56 rated for a 150 HP motor. 1+ on the Aluma-weld name mine shows Xpress D.B.A. Aluma-weld

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. H-56 it is.

6. Member
    Did they make h56’s in a center console? I can’t find anything on my boat and xpress themselves say they don’t have any information on anything older than their 2000 models. I have never seen another boat like mine. IMG_5032.jpegIMG_5033.jpeg