Thread: Below 10K

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    idbefishing

Below 10K

Man, where is this whole crypto thing going? China, S. Korea gov. putting on the hammer. I know the sky ain't falling or anything yet but sure makes it unsettling.

Read earlier today that every year in January for the last 4 years, there has been a huge sell off.

3. Member
    was losing my ass earlier so I shorted my hodl of ETH at 982 let it hit 7xx bought a bunch back sold it at 945 to make up some losses.

4. Member
    It is disheartening to say the least. It will recover though

5. Member
    Coming back already.

6. Member
    It will stop. I bought some more so that will pretty much guarantee a drop lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It will stop. I bought some more so that will pretty much guarantee a drop lol.
    I had no idea we were related.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think it better hold this time and not make new lows. Needs to start making new highs.
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    blood in the streets buy the discount.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It is disheartening to say the least. It will recover though
    -
    (Worth watching this clip in its entirety)
    -

11. Member
    Surprised.... really?? biggest scam against the working man's wealth yet..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    (Worth watching this clip in its entirety)
    -
    Lol

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    *BUZZ* Wrong. Try again.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    The lottery for a thousand, Alex.

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    IBM was talking about blockchain last night with their earnings report. They are working with a shipping company to use blockchain to streamline the trillion dollar shipping economy. Too bad it has noting to do with any crypto currency. Hearing more and more companies talking about developing blockchain tech, and none of them have anything to do the cryptos.

So what is the point of Bitcoin, Ether, XRP and others? And why do they have value?
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    IBM was talking about blockchain last night with their earnings report. They are working with a shipping company to use blockchain to streamline the trillion dollar shipping economy. Too bad it has noting to do with any crypto currency. Hearing more and more companies talking about developing blockchain tech, and none of them have anything to do the cryptos.

So what is the point of Bitcoin, Ether, XRP and others? And why do they have value?
    I heard that last night on Cramer. Is the block chain technology patented and can they setup a license model? I never hear much about this and I don’t know if it is patented but that would be the investment to make rather than the coins. Not sure is such a structure exists.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I heard that last night on Cramer. Is the block chain technology patented and can they setup a license model? I never hear much about this and I don’t know if it is patented but that would be the investment to make rather than the coins. Not sure is such a structure exists.

There's no patent or anything special about it, it's simply a concept. Any and every major company is developing their own form of blockchain. I think we will see Amazon with their own blockchain that streamlines the process between buyers, sellers, and shippers. We'll see the big banks use their own blockchain. Google will probably have some from of block tech. It's going to be like the internet. Everybody will use some form of it and not even realize there using it. But for now it's a buzz word. For now people are making money by selling some crypto and in the end, these cryptos may end up being worthless.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    There's no patent or anything special about it, it's simply a concept. Any and every major company is developing their own form of blockchain. I think we will see Amazon with their own blockchain that streamlines the process between buyers, sellers, and shippers. We'll see the big banks use their own blockchain. Google will probably have some from of block tech. It's going to be like the internet. Everybody will use some form of it and not even realize there using it. But for now it's a buzz word. For now people are making money by selling some crypto and in the end, these cryptos may end up being worthless.
    I figured there was some sort of encryption software on which the chains were based but it almost sounds like it is almost a new form of a computer language they are using. From what IBM said it definitely sounds like it will require a lot of mainframes like the cloud computing. I may take a look at IBM after hearing that interview but they always seem to disappoint in the end.

i did hear that Russia was going to launch a digital ruble soon. I’m sure other countries will follow but it sounds like these are tied to the underlying currency so they would be much different than coins. Interesting times ahead for sure.

19. Member
    In the end, yea, that's probably right. I do think there will be a few that actually get used as currency. Let's say Amazon makes a blockchain. It will cost something to use it much like it cost GAS to use NEO block chain. The big question is will Amazon adopt a coin and block chain or will they build their own? Same with all of these other companies and even countries. We already see some pretty big names partnering with some current block chain/Crypto companies. Take ripple and vechain for example. The tricky part is do they just want the tech or will they value the coins? I guess that's the big gamble. The next question is when will it happen? Right now block chain is way to slow for transactions for me to see it being anywhere near ready for mass adoption. For it to be even close to ready it has to be able to match what tech we already have, PayPal, gmail, our credit card machines in stores, just anything that sends and receives info. We aren't close to that yet. Most techies say years before that happens, who knows. Then you have the dark world aspect. The first main deal with crypto was that it was untraceable, you could trade millions and nobody would know who or where it was from or too. I don't see that part going away even though governments are going to hit that part of the market with everything they've got to try and stop it. The hardcore crypto guys want decentralization as the main principle but for it to be widely accepted that won't work. Not in my eyes anyway.

20. Member
    The blockchain almost seems similar to Apple Pay where the generate a one time token for a transaction and once payment is processed the token is valueless. I wonder if Apple Pay was based on this technology. It’s big draw is it is secure and the merchant doesn’t retain your credit card info in their system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast