Making rod split grip

Any of u rod builders able to take a full length cork and make it split grup
    please text to 8153709815. Ty

2. Goby King
    It's not rocket science and you can probably do it yourself. Run a wrap of masking tape around the grip where you want the grip to start and stop. Use that as a guide to cut the cork by running a razor blade around the grip. With a pair of pliers, start ripping the cork off. To remove the epoxy on the blank, I use a little heat from a hair dryer, a dull knife and a flat file. With sandpaper, round off the edges of your new split grips. To cover up the uglyness of the freshly stripped blank, I wrap the split grip area with thread and coat with epoxy.

here is a photo album i did a while back and put on facebook on how to do it. shfishinstick is spot on. not that hard to do. you can always practice on a yard sale rod first.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ReedRods...82335278520958

4. Member
    Marbling is also a good way to cover up the blank between your newly formed split grip.

I attached the rod butt to a drill once with tape and rested the rod shaft of a couple pieces of wood I screwed togeather and laid a microfiber cloth in the V to keep from scratching it up, then sip tied the drill trigger to where it was running at a decent speed and got some sand paper and molded myself a tapered split grip out of a full cork. It was easy to do just gotta not care to cobble stuff togeather to make what you need to get a job done