St. Croix tournament bass legend versus new imx pro rods

Looking for input of pros and cons to both. Sensitive.casting dependable. Etc

2. Member
    Man, that's a tough one. Those are both great rods. I would personally go with the new IMX Pro. I have several now and they are sweet, sweet rods!

3. Member
    Love my TBL’s but I’ve only had 4 and for a short time. Damn nice though.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

4. Member
    I'm a big legend tournament bass believer. Very light and sensitive. Their spinning rods really are awesome. Never fished the imx however.

5. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    I have the St Croix tournaments in spinning only...I LOVE THEM.... BUT, I just got a new IMX Pro casting for my shallow crank baits.
    I have a Croix glass crank rod for my deeper cranks. It all depends on YOU. I love both.

6. Member
    I have NRX, St. Croix legend Elite and LTB rods. I really like the LTB rods the sensitivity is slightly less but very good and the actions are outstanding. The LTB are rods I really enjoy fishing.

All I fish with regularly are LTBs with the exception of a couple of Avid crankbait rods. I have a friend that has a few IMX rods.
    We switched setups one day so we could compare. The IMXs are really nice rods, but even he liked the LTBs better. He’s since bought two. For me, they’re perfectly designed for the technique they’re intended for. If I was suggesting one LTB rod to someone who was trying them for the first time it would be the 7’ MHMF Sweeper Spinnerbait. Super versatile rod. Buzzbaits, big spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, soft swimbaits, and even makes a great close quarters Flipping rod.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

8. Member
    I haven't fished a croix ltb but i like there rods. I got a 853c imx pro and wasn't very impressed at first until i balanced it out and wow did it change my thoughts. It felt tip heavy with my chronarch mgl so i added weight to the butt. Now it feels lighter and a lot more sensitive. It kinda sucks to have to ballance a 300$ rod.