'15 250 pro xs....Best gearcase shop in midwest?

Guys,

Have '15 250 Pro XS (SN: 2B114559) with a gearcase that has 12x21 & 1.75:1 on the side. I'm from IA and am looking for the best shop to completely go through the case. I have some skeg damage and want to be ease any other concerns. I have about 450 hrs on it. I'm willing to remove gearcase and deliver it myself anywhere within reason. Simply, who's the best gearcase guy within several hrs of me? Thanks.
    Last edited by cjaswegan; 01-17-2018 at 08:16 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Since you're still under Factory Warranty and have GOLD protection beyond that, you will want it repaired to WARRANTY Standards.

If there is skeg or shaft damage (ANY), it will likely be an insurance claim. Contact a local Premier Dealer (Outboards), they should be able to assist you.

The case itself will need to be REPLACED (do not attempt to repair the case- as case damage or repair will almost certainly result in a denied claim if a problem arises in the future).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor