Dustlane

Update issue 73SV chirp and 93 SV standard

When I try to update the maps on both units I get an error telling me that there is t enough storage to update maps. Both units have been factory reset and there is nothing stored on them. Any ideas? Also when I tried to register the 93SV Garmin says that it is registered to someone else. I bought it from academy brand new in a sealed box. Garmin told me that they would send an email to the registered email address and if they didn’t get a response that they would free it up so I could register it. Obviously that didn’t happen so I can’t get updates via Garmin Express. Anyone ever heard of this?

Keep working with Support regarding the registration of the 93sv. Regarding the update of the built-in mapping, note that for 2015-2016 echoMAP units preloaded with LakeVu HD, preloaded mapping updates are too large to fit in the echoMAP memory. Users will have to keep the mapping card in the unit to view updated mapping.

All echoMAPs coming out of the factory after May 3 2017 have enough internal memory to allow for a complete update of the preloaded mapping with no need to keep card in unit.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Dustlane
    Thanks! I got everything worked out. Now I gotta buy another as card.