Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

V.A. hospital whoops...scary...

I've heard of some bad things from VA hospitals... My niece had some issues with C-section a several years ago.. Gonna have problems there rest of her life because of it..... But this story is just crazy...kinda like the commercial where the guy leaves the phone in the fellers belly.... Cept this could've killed the guy at any time in 4 years...4 years this thing was in his abdomen....crazy...

http://whnt.com/2018/01/16/veteran-s...ruciating-mri/
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    Unreal. I thought they had to account for everything used before closing. Total malpractice there.
    Praying for a Cure

3. Member

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Unreal. I thought they had to account for everything used before closing. Total malpractice there.
    "VA physicians/dentists are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act. The United States Government accepts responsibility and liability for the actions of its employees during the exercise of their official duties. VA physicians/dentists, therefore, are protected by the Federal Government in instances of alleged malpractice or negligence resulting form the performance of their duties in or for the Veterans Health Administration. Therefore, VA physicians/dentists are not required to carry personal malpractice insurance."

You get the pleasure of suing the federal government.

5. Member
    Va killed my dad by there crappy practices. State hospital got him to live another 10 year health battle after what they did. I still should of sued them for crappy surgery

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    "VA physicians/dentists are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act. The United States Government accepts responsibility and liability for the actions of its employees during the exercise of their official duties. VA physicians/dentists, therefore, are protected by the Federal Government in instances of alleged malpractice or negligence resulting form the performance of their duties in or for the Veterans Health Administration. Therefore, VA physicians/dentists are not required to carry personal malpractice insurance."

You get the pleasure of suing the federal government.
    That's why my niece is stuck with her conundrum...

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    It is terrible for those that protect(ed) our freedom has to put up with such poor care.
    Praying for a Cure

8. Member
    Holy cow thats terrible!............that guy is VERY lucky............I’m surprised the MRI did not just rip the scalpel out of him. Checkout this video; gives you a good idea how well an MRI and metal objects get along.
    -

9. Member
    Civil service. Better than a union job.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Civil service. Better than a union job.
    Not sure what tort reform has to do with a union? Tennessee has experienced phenominal growth largely due to state tort laws.

That being said the largest unions are federal civil service.

IMO the VA is screwed up because of accountability. That can be said for some of everyone involved.

Dammit man... That video is amazing... He's extremely lucky...

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    Hope he recovers. That was four long years of pain for someone's stupid mistake.

13. Member
    VA is extremely difficult to deal with. Also not very efficient. This is what our healthcare will be like by the time our government gets done with it.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

14. Member
    I must be living right----the VA has been nothing but good to me.!!!!!

I have been going to the Hines VA hospital outside of Chicago for more than 12 years and have gotten better treatment than any private hospital. I was there last week and talked to a guy who comes in from Arizona twice a year because his VA sucks. it's not all VA hospitals. the bad ones just seem to make the news.

16. Banned
    TSA probably found it.

17. Member
    Any surgical instrument is not attracted by a magnet. On the other hand a MRI can heat metal up during the scan and could have done damage from that.

18. Member
    It's more common than you realize stuff left inside patients after OR procedures. They do a before and after count but sometimes the count gets off. No excuse for this at all. But it happens more than anyone knows.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    It is terrible for those that protect(ed) our freedom has to put up with such poor care.
    Agree, VA should have the best doctors in the country for our veterans. Enough Said!!!

20. Member
    One of my best friends runs the heart clinic at the VA hospital in Nashville. He said it is the biggest administrative cluster that can be imagined. The rank and file employees (not doctors or nurses) are all union and cannot be disciplined in any manner without going through major hurdles. As a result, a good portion of the employees are worthless. They show up late, if at all. Goof off, take extended breaks & lunches, play on their electronic devices, etc. In general, just don't give a crap. And as the manager, he can do nothing about it. He has tried so many times that he has given up. He would find another job, but has too many years in to leave now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast