Thread: Fish Replicas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    If he was as big as the 8” hole in the ice, then his circumference is 3.14 x 8 = 25.12”

If he was smaller than the hole. estimate his diameter based on the hole size and multiply that by 3.14.
    Why didn't I think of this? I would use 7-1/2" as it is an 8" hole and it didn't squeeze through but took up entire hole. putting girth at 23"-24" and estimated weight at 21 lbs which seems appropriate given this things gut!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    If he was as big as the 8” hole in the ice, then his circumference is 3.14 x 8 = 25.12”

If he was smaller than the hole. estimate his diameter based on the hole size and multiply that by 3.14.
    Why didn't I think of this? I would use 7-1/2" as it is an 8" hole and it didn't squeeze through but took up entire hole. putting girth at 23"-24" and estimated weight at 21 lbs which seems appropriate given this things gut!

Lax , or Finnete both in Wisconsin I think and both do great work on musky reproductions that would have a very good idea on girth

Check spelling??
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Joe Fittante, the best in the business!

5. Member
    Lax Reproductions in northern Wisconsin

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    http://www.artisticanglers.com/

they did my bass, happy with their work...
    They did a bass for me and I think it's just ok. The fins are too thick, smooth, and fake looking for my liking. That was a number of years ago though, so maybe they are using something different? I know there are others out there that use better fins nowadays. It's worth asking. When I did mine, he was displaying at a booth at the NW Sportshow in Minneapolis. Might be worth asking if he'll be there again. You can see the work in person and back then, there was always a "sportshow special".

For a 41" northern, be prepared to get the checkbook out. Just sayin...........

Wait, is no one going to recommend our very on resident taxidermist. Razorbass? Man you will miss out on surely a replica of a life time. Hit him up and get a price, or a peak at his work.

8. Member
    I have a 45 1/2" 25lb pike on my wall and the girth is 22". Hope this helps.

Someone help me contact Razorbass.

10. Member
    nice fish man! I am looking for a replica mount of my 44", 22lber caught in the fall as well.

I reached out to many Guys, and Fittante is the main one I am considering. He quoted me just under $700 for a replica.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Another for Joe Fittante, he did a 42 inch 22 pounder for me. Turned out great.
    Mike, do you have a picture of your replica from him??

12. Member
    their is a guy on the board here, i am sure he could do something with it he put the best smile on a bobcat i have seen, i am sure he can make that pike smile also lol

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    nice fish man! I am looking for a replica mount of my 44", 22lber caught in the fall as well.

I reached out to many Guys, and Fittante is the main one I am considering. He quoted me just under $700 for a replica.
    thats a beaut! $700 is a very fair price for his quality of work IMO.....I was quoted into four figures by a couple so far.

14. Member
    Nice catch right there. Thanks for posting.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    They did a bass for me and I think it's just ok. The fins are too thick, smooth, and fake looking for my liking. That was a number of years ago though, so maybe they are using something different? I know there are others out there that use better fins nowadays. It's worth asking. When I did mine, he was displaying at a booth at the NW Sportshow in Minneapolis. Might be worth asking if he'll be there again. You can see the work in person and back then, there was always a "sportshow special".

For a 41" northern, be prepared to get the checkbook out. Just sayin...........

think mine looks ok from them...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakes View Post
    Joe Fittante is excellent

http://www.fittantereplicas.com/
    X2

17. Member
    Ken Laudadio
    The Fish Mount Store
    Web: www.FishMountStore.com
    Email: Ken@FishMountStore.com
    Phone: 321-525-1167

This gentleman did a replica of a 21# peacock bass for me and it was amazing. The charge at the time for doing this was $450.00 and that was shipping it to Texas. I was also told that if I didn't like what it looked like when it was completed I didn't have to pay for it. I would check with Ken before I used anyone else.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    thats a beaut! $700 is a very fair price for his quality of work IMO.....I was quoted into four figures by a couple so far.
    thanks.

Yes, I agree thats a fair price.....but I forgot to mention that did not include the optional $150 + upgraded background plaque and another $50 for shipping. Still under $1k tho for one of the best replicas from Joe Fitantte.

I got several quotes from the top guys. Believe it or not, he was the cheapest by a significant amount.

JUSTME - That bass mount is awesome! Especially the display and environment it is in!

20. Member
    Contact Jimmy Lawrence. he is on facebook Lawrence Taxidermy. He did a muskie for me two years ago and it is awesome. So were the two other largemouth he has doen for me over the past two years. His turnaround time is great as well. Promise he willbe your best bet as far as quality over all the others listed in this forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast