Thread: Thrust washer

Thrust washer

I took my prop off of my 2012 sho 250 to check for line wrapped around the shaft and noticed the thrust washer is stuck. What do I need to do and will it hurt anything to leave it lime it is.

I usually use two lengthly flat tip screwdrivers and gently pop it off with equal pressure on opposite sides. Just thread the prop nut on a couple threads so it does not fly back at you. The brass is wearing down at the chamfer. As long as the prop is not wearing into the LU its good. I am gonna replace mine soon also.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Thanks for the help I will try that out.

4. Member
    Save yourself the hassle of tapping and prying and go to Harbor Freight and buy yourself a set of cheap gear pullers!
    You may need to grind the ends of the claws a bit for clearance. But no big deal.
    Easy peasy!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

5. Banned
    If you don't see any fishing line behimd the washer just leave it alone. No need to remove the washer. But of you have to remove it just use a plastic or rubber malet and give few wacks.

6. Member
    I whacked mine repeatedly with plastic and brass hammers and it just wouldn't budge.
    Tried all the usual methods of prying. Bought the cheap gear pullers and it popped off.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI