Thread: Snow in N.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Snow in N.C.

Heading to the grocery store, anybody need anything.

2. Banned
    Bread and milk. Love me some milk sandwiches. Oh, and a 6 pack of beer.

3. Member
    They cancelled my son's school at 8:19 last night, it's 37 deg this morning and no snow....geez

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    My daughter lives in Chapel Hill. She very much enjoys watching the people react to winter weather.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    My daughter lives in Chapel Hill. She very much enjoys watching the people react to winter weather.
    CatFan, It is amazing just mention the word SNOW around the area and everyone heads to the grocery store to load up on all kinds of groceries. You'd think it was going to snow enough here in the Piedmont of North Carolina to keep folks snow bound in their homes for a 3 month period. It is amazing! Oh this phenomenon (hot dam what a BIG word!) isn't just isolated to just North Carolina it's going on everywhere South of the Mason Dixon Line.

6. Member
    I guess it is like catching a double digit bass, when it happens that is all we talk about. The news folks kill me, riding down the road etc.

In north durham here and already have 8"....this crap is still coming down. Sunday they say its supposed to be 60...was gonna hit the lake...guess I'll see how that goes.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

8. Member
    Still coming down, hope the power hangs on. Has gone out once today but came back. Thank the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by ncbass View Post
    They cancelled my son's school at 8:19 last night, it's 37 deg this morning and no snow....geez
    And we had several inches on the roads by lunch in Raleigh. I left the house at around 10:30 with nothing on my street. I was back at 12 and had 3 inches and a car in the ditch leading to my neighborhood. Had they gone to school today, they'd have immediately turned around and gone home. Some times they screw it up but not today.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Banned
    We got 9” and it is still snowing and the ground was clear at daylight. Good call on calling schools today.

11. Banned
    6+inches here East of G'boro. Foretasted above freezing temps to melt this Winter stuff by the weekend. Watching for black ice on the roads and heading to lake Saturday morning.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    And we had several inches on the roads by lunch in Raleigh. I left the house at around 10:30 with nothing on my street. I was back at 12 and had 3 inches and a car in the ditch leading to my neighborhood. Had they gone to school today, they'd have immediately turned around and gone home. Some times they screw it up but not today.
    Yep, we started around 10 I think, I would have been picking him up around noon....This morning is a different story, 11 degrees and an ice rink outside

13. Banned
    All the kids love it no matter how cold it is. You just have to make them come in at some allotted time to check and warm up the hands and feet!!!!!

14. Banned
    I don't care how old we are when it snows enough to sled down a steep hill the kid comes out of all of us!

15. Member
    I agree with ya heelman, but the difference now is about 2 times down the hill it is over with. When you are a young lad it is all day long.

16. Banned
    Hell Jaws with me it's 1 time the hill here by the house. These kids here been at it, I think, since the school board closed all the schools yesterday when the snow started and they haven't stopped yet!!!!!! I miss those days and the fun they are having.

17. Banned
    We're about to tkae the kids out for round 3 today. I pull them around behind the gator on a 5 acre field. I pull them with a 60 foot rope and they have a ball. My kids are still young 6 and 10, but they have a blast even though I go pretty slow.

18. Member

had to call out

all a matter of priorities
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    I see grass, woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo.

20. Member
    Calling for another big snow next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast