EchoMap Plus 60 series transducer, how many pins?

On the Garmin website it says the transducer is 4 pins in the chart plotter description, but in the transducer specs it says it's 8 pins. Which is it? Or is it an 8 pin connect but only using 4 pins?

2. Banned
    It might come with an adapter cable as that cv23 appears to be 8-pin only

or the unit is 8 pin and it's a typo

3. Member
    What is the model # of the transducer. There were some that came in a 4 pin version and an 8 pin version. And yes there is also an adapter cable. I think it was the GT20 was made in both a 4 pin and 8 pin version. -00 on the end was the 4 pin version and -01 on the end, the 8 pin version.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I did more searching and it appears that the EchoMap 62cv includes lakes charts and a 4 pin transducer. The other models all use the 8 pin transducer. But still no idea how many pins the chart plotter has.

5. Banned
    email Garmin.
    They were pretty quick answering my questions before.

6. Member
    I'm speculating here so consider that. It looks like the echomap Plus 62cv has ports like the Striker models - a 4 pin port. Like you said, the website says 4 pins. That enough pins for 2d and ClearVu. If ordered with a transducer as a package you should get all you need to hook it up. If the transducer has an 8 pin connector then they would be including the 4 to 8 pin adapter. If you order an 8 pin transducer separate, you'll also need to order an adapter cable. As a package, the 62cv is spec'd without a transducer, 63cv with CV20, 64cv with CV23 and 65cv with CV22.

You need more credible advice than I can provide. Tech support is good. I'd do like Schins said email or call them. Tell us what they say. 800-800-1020.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    I have the 63cv. It is 4 pin. That’s with the cv20 transducer.

8. Member
    Thanks. I found this article which sheds some light on how the different models are configured: http://www.sonarwars.com/garmin-echomap-plus-review/

One thing in that article I don't understand is that at one point it says the 60 series has WIFI and at another point it says it doesn't. @Tundah, can you confirm that yours has WIFI?

9. Member
    Yes it does. Connects to the Active Captain app. It is not compatible with the Garmin Express app on the computer. All the updates are through the AC app on my phone.

The WiFi is for QuickDraw, chart purchases and syncing user data. You’re cellular notifications can also be shown on the screen (incoming texts, etc.). This unit does not support the Helm meaning you cannot view or control the screen from your phone/tablet.

10. Banned
    wish they would have made Panoptix compatible on this model

11. Member
    @Tundah - Thanks!

@Schins - Panoptix requires an Ethernet connection and I'm guessing Garmin didn't want to include that on their lower cost systems.

12. Banned
    I think they just figured not many users would want Panoptix on a screen smaller than 7" but I would.

The 6 is still an Echomap, right? With same resolution as the 7 it should show slightly better detail at a slightly better cost.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    The 6 is still an Echomap, right? With same resolution as the 7 it should show slightly better detail at a slightly better cost.
    You caught my attention here. I don't know if this is one of the website screw ups we used to see or not. If the website is correct it sure is unusual.
    Plus 4x 480V x 272H
    Plux 6x 480V x 800H
    Plus 7x 400V x 800H
    Plus 9x 400V x 800H

It don't add up to me.

14. Banned
    Ya someone needs to hire better people for their website at Garmin. Way too many errors.

15. Member
    I now doubt if this in error. I looked at the installation manuals. Normally some specifications are included there. Says the same thing. So the 6x is 800x480 and the 7x is 800x400. I'm no video expert but that looks to me like the 6x would have the better resolution. I place a priority on the vertical pixels. Some years ago Hbird came out with some 5" units that had 640 vertical pixels. I liked them.

Also noticed in the user manual the directions for screenshots said to hold the HOME key down for 6 seconds. I'll spare everyone from my rant on this. Bummer!!

16. Banned
    800x400 is a step away from the norm of 800x480. Interesting.