Prop comparisons

Just curious about rpm and speed # comparisons on same pitch props. How would a 32p promax compare to a 32p Bravo 1, Hydro Q4XOB, perf4 and bc perf3. Same comparison with a 30 pitch and same pitch props. I figure some of you have run the big wheels and provide a comparison. I have never run a promax but it seems to be liked by a few.

2. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    I haven't ran a promax yet but guessing it would be sc 3 ,sc4, hydro Q4xob promax and then the bravo

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

3. Member
    Can’t help ya Dean. The SHO lower doesn’t like the over and OT hubs. Hydro will run stiff over bravo on rpm, but more efficient on mph on mine. Would suspect Paul is spot on for SM lower.

4. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    My 30 ProMax runs in at 8% slip my 30 Bravo was about 14% if I remember correctly.

You know that most of our props have been worked to some degree while skew the numbers.

5. Member
    That's true, all of mine have been touched. Most of mine run between 7 and 10 percent even the Bravo's I had. I was wondering if a promax had similar rpms as a Hydro or some other prop of if the pitch was different requiring a diff size.
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    My 30 ProMax runs in at 8% slip my 30 Bravo was about 14% if I remember correctly.

You know that most of our props have been worked to some degree while skew the numbers.

6. Member
    Dean, did you have your perf 3 modified to get out of the hole. I have one I tried years ago on the 280 and it was terrible out of the hole. I just never got around to sending it back to Billy. I would like to try it on the 300 when it warms up.
    Even though I have never had a Promax from what I read they run stiffer than a Bravo. The TXP 0T4 are much stiffer than the listed pitch. Seem to be about 2 pitches more than other props of the same number pitch.
    rd

7. Member
    The promax is the best out of the box. Its stiffer than the Bravo and MUCH less likely to sling a blade. Actually I've not heard of a Promax slinging. I love them.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

8. Member
    They do ok but none of my props are stellar out of the hole with the 1.62 gears unless I run somewhere else. I haven't run the 32bc P3 much but I'm not real impressed yet with it at elevation. My 34rl cut P3 runs just like the 32bc, again not very impressed with it. My 30p uncut P3 and 32p uncut P4 are my speed props at this time. I typically fish with the 28 and 30 hydro q4xobs depending on load. Hole shot is much better with the 1.75s.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD BOB View Post
    Dean, did you have your perf 3 modified to get out of the hole. I have one I tried years ago on the 280 and it was terrible out of the hole. I just never got around to sending it back to Billy. I would like to try it on the 300 when it warms up.
    Even though I have never had a Promax from what I read they run stiffer than a Bravo. The TXP 0T4 are much stiffer than the listed pitch. Seem to be about 2 pitches more than other props of the same number pitch.
    rd