97 Johnson faststrike

Just wondering I have a 97 faststrike 150. Noticed last season the carb bowls were seaping fuel. Has anybody taken the bowls off and very gentle run them across a file to take high spots out.or am I just asking for trouble and bite the bullet and buy new ones.

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    On those it's best to go with new and don't over torque them when reinstalling. Also don't forget to move the high speed orifices over to the new bowls .

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There is a raised edge on the carb bowl so you'd be filing off the lip. If you were to try anything use a piece of wet/dry sand paper placed on a flat surface a lap the bowl in a figure 8 pattern. More than likely they are warped. When I perform the rebuilds I also install a new rebuild kit. The old carb/bowl gasket is like shoe leather when it is removed and won't provide a good seal. Just don't remove them all at once, the carb to intake bolts keep the intake and throttle bodies attached to the block. Start at the bottom and work up.

Yup that applies to about every thing huh Fred? "Start at the bottom and work up" except drinks and the like... lolo

5. Member
    thanks for the info