Replacement gear sets for Lew's reels?

Is anyone making gear sets for Lew's reels yet? I've seen where guys are tweaking shimano and diawa reels by changing out the gears, somewhere around a 9:1. I have a few well used speed spools that I wouldn't mind swapping the gears to use for flipping.
    Thanks in advance!
    2015 Phoenix 819

Quote Originally Posted by JSU Fishing View Post
    Is anyone making gear sets for Lew's reels yet? I've seen where guys are tweaking shimano and diawa reels by changing out the gears, somewhere around a 9:1. I have a few well used speed spools that I wouldn't mind swapping the gears to use for flipping.
    Thanks in advance!
    Gears from any Revo and most Bass Pro Shops brand reels will work with a Lew's. They are all basically the same reel internally.

Call Lew's. They will tell you what gears will fit and they should have them in stock.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Both above are correct. You’d need the gear and pinion though and there may be tolerance issues depending on the size of the main gear but overall, any Abu gear size should fit within the same gear size within a lew’s.

And for the most part, the Shimano/Daiwa swaps you see are all in house swaps. Meaning, they are from other Shimano it Daiwa reels. There aren’t many people cutting gears for reels.