Thread: FLW

FLW

Thinking of going to lake lanier for the tour tournament in march. This would be my first time. My question is will there be fishing equipment companys there . Selling rods lures baits and boating equipment..

2. Member
    Not much at a FLW tour event.
    Plan to attend the Bassmaster Classic at Hartwell in March. Largest fishing show there is for the consumer.

Never attended a regular FLW tournament event, but I know the Forrest Wood Cup is a big deal. I’ll be attending my 2nd one in Hot Springs, Ark. this is year. The one in 2015 was a blast. Tons of vendors.
    I would think the quality of the regular events would depend somewhat on location.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Banned
    Not much at a regular tour event. The forest wood cup is pretty good but not near as large as the classic

5. Member
    The Classic is huge went to it last year in Houston lots of stuff. Even the regular Elite Series events don’t have nothing at them.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

The classic is awesome. I am thinking of going to the Forrest Wood cup this year.

7. Banned
    I went to the FLW open event last year on Norris Lake. All they had was a high school aged young lady with a couple of boxes of t-shirts. She didn't have any out on display so we didn't bother her... Went to the BASS Elite event on Cherokee last year and they didn't have anything... Was nice just walking around seeing the pros rigs and tow vehicles... Dan

8. Member
    At lake Cumberland - they had a lews camper but I don’t recall any other brands

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    At lake Cumberland - they had a lews camper but I don’t recall any other brands
    Carrot stick, Cumberland pro lures, and JT Kinney was cooking on a traeger

Been to three classics, '86,'02,'12. Cup in '15. Both have tackle and marine vendors, manufacturers in attendance, and items for sale. The regular events are low keyed, few vendors or manufactures.

11. Member
    jpcudaman 74 not trying to change the subject but if you are going to visit Lanier during this time period regardless, I'd highly recommend signing up for the tournament as a co-angler. Use the money you would've spent at the expo and fish with 2 different world class fishermen.

I have been to the Classic several times....the outdoor show is the best!

Been to 2 FLW Championships and with the exception of their sponsors very little from outside venders.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

13. mikesxpress
    Troy your home lake is Lanier. When they hold this event there in March that should be warm enough for all the Ya'Hooer big rigs to be out in full force? That place is giant wash tub on weekends so your not going to see many 70 mph runs down the lake.

allen656 nailed it.

15. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Troy your home lake is Lanier. When they hold this event there in March that should be warm enough for all the Ya'Hooer big rigs to be out in full force? That place is giant wash tub on weekends so your not going to see many 70 mph runs down the lake.
    They will start to come out. 1st of May usually is the coronation day for them to come out. There will be a smattering in April but the real freak show starts Memorial day weekend until Labor day.