2017 z185 opinions

Hi guys,

I am looking at a couple of 2017 z185 at the dealer new for $34,197 out the door price. The boats have the yahama 150 sho with the fotrex 80# a ranger cover and retractable rod tie downs on the front deck. Looking for some input is this a good price for this boat or are there other models I should be looking at? I'm looking to fish inland lakes in Michigan mostly.

2. Banned
    A buddy of mine paid very close to that for a new 2017 Z518 last month. I would say they could come down a couple more grand on that one.

3. Member
    At least get them to put an Ultrex on it.

4. Member
    That’s an okay price... I paid about 1K less for mine in October. I have the G2 150ho and it came with fortrex and a helix 7si at the console and no electronics at the bow.
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2

I paid around that last last june for a 2017. talk them down, its a left over. wonderful boat though!

6. Member
    Great time for my first post. I am also scoping out the exact two rigs as the original post at the marine dealer in howell MI. i would assume. They gave me a very similar number, maybe a tad more. Wonder if we go in together and each buy one, would they drop that price any more? I am definitely ready and able to buy my first big boy boat, just not sure if new is the right way to go. I know I want to go the ranger route but really need to make up my mind between a rt188, used z118 , or a new z185. I would hope to keep whatever I buy for at least 10 years, and would plan to fish inland waters and lake st. clair. No better place then here to get some great opinions and advise.

7. Member
    A glass boat will ride and fish better

I came out of a 18ft tin and its night and day difference and also alot dryer. my storage is doubled and doesn't get wet!

9. Member
    Thanks for your help guys

10. Member
    Bought my 2017 z185 a year ago and paid $37k....but that was when brand new/latest model, plus included 12’ Talons, extra lights, Helix 10 at console and Helix 7 at bow

11. Member
    Priced a 2018 model just a few days ago for 32,500. I just bought a 2015 Stratos last June and I'm happy with it but I really like the 185.

12. Member
    How long is the storage lenght with the G2? Is it any longer than a Pro XS
    Thanks Steve

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenMCC View Post
    How long is the storage lenght with the G2? Is it any longer than a Pro XS
    Thanks Steve

I think I measured 21ft, 4"(+/- 2" because I measured by myself) with the tongue folded and the motor trimmed down a couple months ago... I posted it in a different thread if you want to search for it.
    2019 Ranger Z520L
    Evinrude ETEC 250 H.O. G2