Thread: Ranger vs Vexus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Thank you...some serious ignorance in this forum.

2. Member
    I'm a Ranger guy!!You couldn't pay me to run a Vexus!! We maybe I might. Hmm free boat, Hell I'm with Vexus cause it's the best quality boat ever, they're a family, and business model is cutting edge. Just you wait. Bottom line it's probably gonna be a great boat. Can't wait to see them, oh by the way I'm a ranger guy.

3. Member
    I can’t wait to see it. I am sure it will be good, just having a hard time with the name.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    I can’t wait to see it. I am sure it will be good, just having a hard time with the name.
    I never got the name Ranger with FLW being from Arkansas and all. I guess FLW was a Texas Ranger wanna-be or something with that hat.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

5. Banned
    Saw this on the Facebook page with the heading

Prototype aluminum hull with “glass-like curves”

Someone did a screen grab from a video. Actual prototype or planted? Hmmmm

6. Banned
    Well they better have a boat someplace if they are due to release it in the next 2 months. That boat sure looks short though, I could see it being a scaled down version.

It seems like Vexus will be more "Ranger" than Ranger is, with Ranger's long time former engineers and their icon Forest Wood. They use the word legendary and phrases 50 years in the making, and expanding on the foundation principals that Forest Wood laid. They are punching Ranger in the nose. The narrator for their commercials sounds like the ole Ranger narrator. It will be interesting for sure.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    Saw this on the Facebook page with the heading

Prototype aluminum hull with “glass-like curves”

Someone did a screen grab from a video. Actual prototype or planted? Hmmmm

Didn't BPS already try this process a few years back???... Tracker Tundra???... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I was going with the lost Champion molds that disappeared while Hopper had them, but some say I’m an idiot.
    Uh, Charger 210 and, yet to be seen, 198? Think they found a couple of them.
    I got nothin

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Didn't BPS already try this process a few years back???... Tracker Tundra???... Dan

I was thinking that too, but if someone can do it to a bass boat that may interest me. After pricing a new charger 198, I have found that I’m going to need to adjust my thinkings towards aluminum.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    Uh, Charger 210 and, yet to be seen, 198? Think they found a couple of them.

Those came about from “splashing” a current boats hull.( Basically making a skin from an existenting boat.) The original champ molds disappeared when Genmar took over, some claim they were destroyed. Who knows, I’m just speculating and was hoping...until pricing new boats. I’m not sure when the prices of fiberglass flew by me like they did. Now I’ll root for an awesome aluminum model.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Yea FW is just a face for the company but the company itself is spearheaded by his son-in-law and grandson who were at Ranger for, well let's say quite some time. That's not to mention engineers and reps that were with Ranger for, well let's say quite some time. So in your scenario it's like Mercedes old guard leaving to make another brand of car. Plus a L series Ranger is just a new top cap sitting on the hull (C model) of a boat that the Vexus team created. Educate yourself before you spew.
    Well said....looking forward to Vexus and what they have to offer. I believe, loyalty runs deep!

13. Member
    I was thinking that too, but if someone can do it to a bass boat that may interest me. After pricing a new charger 198, I have found that I’m going to need to adjust my thinkings towards aluminum.
    Bass Tracker Avalanche. I don't know why it didn't go over. Best looking aluminum boat I have seen.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    Bass Tracker Avalanche. I don't know why it didn't go over. Best looking aluminum boat I have seen.
    Because the hull itself was outsourced to Boeing, who owned the "molds" and did the "molding" of the hulls for Tracker.
    I do agree though, heck of a fishing platform.

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    ... The original champ molds disappeared when Genmar took over, some claim they were destroyed.
    Not true ... Genmar was awarded Champion by the bankruptcy court in 2002. They operated the company until they filed bankruptcy in 2009. What Erwin Jacobs did do was take the brand away from his President of Bass Boats, Randy Hopper and put Don Wood over Champion. They were actually gaining market share when Platinum Equity took over. At PE, Champion once again fell under Hopper's control and he finally was able to shut them down in 2011.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456