Resale value on my boat

I'm planning on selling my boat next fall. I was just curious as to what the resale value might be. I have a 2016 Triton 18Trx with a 200 Mercury Pro XS. The engine has around 100 hours but will probably have 150-175 by next fall. I have a Helix 12 SI at the bow and console sitting on Bass Boat Technologies mounts. The units are linked together via Ethernet cable. The trolling motor is a 24V MotorGuide X3 70lb trust. Single axle trailer. Thanks in advance.
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    nadaguides.com

3. Member
    look at the boats for sale section and find one close to yours and see what they are listed for.
    That will give you a good starting point.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

Has anyone that has recently sold a boat found that NADA is accurate or pretty close to what their boat went for?

5. Member
    nada is low from my experience if you can buy a boat at nada your getting a good deal if boat checks out well

6. Member
    Just bought a boat this fall, I would say lots of people use it as a guide. For that reason it's a good guide line, I paid half of nada for the boat I purchased. Still have to negotiate and get the best deal you can. My guess if I bought that same boat in spring it would have been close to double.

Good luck.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshaker View Post
    Just bought a boat this fall, I would say lots of people use it as a guide. For that reason it's a good guide line, I paid half of nada for the boat I purchased. Still have to negotiate and get the best deal you can. My guess if I bought that same boat in spring it would have been close to double.

Good luck.
    MAYBE the case with 20+ year old boats but i just nada his boat at low retail 21g avg retail 24g he'd sell that boat in seconds for 22-24 grand very lucky to find rigs at nada blount i would actually be very interested in your boat at nada prices let me know if thats in the cards...

Thanks guys! I'm looking to sell my SW center console and get back into a Ranger and want to know if my asking price which is a little less than NADA is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstondry View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm looking to sell my SW center console and get back into a Ranger and want to know if my asking price which is a little less than NADA is reasonable.
    Tell us what you got and be honest , we can do better than nada ,

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I have a 2006 F250, What will it be worth in 8 months?

Depends on what happens in between now and then. Hours, burn is carpet, coffee spills, Road Rash, etc.

This can be figured, price of new boats and design can cause price to go up or down.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blount8 View Post
    I'm planning on selling my boat next fall. I was just curious as to what the resale value might be. I have a 2016 Triton 18Trx with a 200 Mercury Pro XS. The engine has around 100 hours but will probably have 150-175 by next fall. I have a Helix 12 SI at the bow and console sitting on Bass Boat Technologies mounts. The units are linked together via Ethernet cable. The trolling motor is a 24V MotorGuide X3 70lb trust. Single axle trailer. Thanks in advance.
    You are going to loose your azz off Either way you go.

12. Member
    NADA may give you a price. You'll see different on line were there higher.. And everyone is going to lowball you and want that so called BOOK value ..good luck..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

$19762.88

14. Member
    That size boat in great shape I found in high demand a few years ago
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

15. Member
    I just bought a 2001 19ft Javelin a couple weeks ago and got it for aboit $3,000 less than NADA. Its an actual one owner boat and as far as i can tell its in great shape. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

I know a lot of guys maintain that NADA is way out of whack, which may be true, but if a buyer is financing, that's what the bank is going to use to value the boat, like it or not. Now I know that everyone on this board buys their boats with cash but it may be helpful in case a non-member stumbles into this thread....

When I got my Sabre FTD, it was actually quite a bit under NADA value...to the point that I had to convince the insurance company to value it based on NADA rather than purchase price, because I'd never be able to replace it for what I bought it for. Definitely I got a great deal, as when I book it out now, the low NADA price is still above what I paid 3.5 years ago.

I think the biggest factor in asking prices is the long term loan periods that a lot of buyers use. At 12 or 15 years, the boat likely loses value quicker than the principal is getting paid off. Then you add in graphs, power poles, and other accessories (which the bank doesn't care a whole lot about) and it's easy to get underwater (pun intended I guess...) on what you think it is worth vs. what a bank will give someone to buy it.
    2019 Bass Cat Caracal, Mercury 225 Pro XS 4 stroke

For Northern IN/Southern MI action and BCB love, follow me on instagram: @professorbeard

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Somata View Post
    I know a lot of guys maintain that NADA is way out of whack, which may be true, but if a buyer is financing, that's what the bank is going to use to value the boat, like it or not. Now I know that everyone on this board buys their boats with cash but it may be helpful in case a non-member stumbles into this thread....

When I got my Sabre FTD, it was actually quite a bit under NADA value...to the point that I had to convince the insurance company to value it based on NADA rather than purchase price, because I'd never be able to replace it for what I bought it for. Definitely I got a great deal, as when I book it out now, the low NADA price is still above what I paid 3.5 years ago.

I think the biggest factor in asking prices is the long term loan periods that a lot of buyers use. At 12 or 15 years, the boat likely loses value quicker than the principal is getting paid off. Then you add in graphs, power poles, and other accessories (which the bank doesn't care a whole lot about) and it's easy to get underwater (pun intended I guess...) on what you think it is worth vs. what a bank will give someone to buy it.
    Interesting American family used nada value, plus extras such as electronics and tm etc. Plus personal gear. They didn't care what I paid for boat.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Tell us what you got and be honest , we can do better than nada ,

2008 Robalo R240 Black hull, Yamha F350 with ~550hrs many of which are idling, Hard T-top, 2015 Trailer, Garmin 4210 and all required maintenance done last Sept and the boat has not seen water since. Asking $50K.

19. Member
    Thanks guys. I've checked NADA before and it seems very low to me. There really isn't anywhere to add any extras like graphs on it. It just says GPS Fishfinder which can vary in price greatly. I guess I could throw it up for sale and see if someone will pay 30 for it and then work my way down from there.
    2021 Bass Cat Eyra w/ 300 Mercury Pro XS

20. Banned
    "Extras" really don't add to the value. Those Helix 12's will be outdated, nice but outdated... Best you can do is keep it clean, keep your service/ maintenance records and hope for the best... It ain't an investment... Dan